handbrake cable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

utc271

handbrake cable

Post by utc271 »

hi all, are the handbrake cables on the rh and lh sides of equal length? can they be interchange? i have a broken LH side and intend to replace but the spare i have is the rh side taken from another car which i have scrapped. any tips how to make the job easier? thanks
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Hello and welcome to the forum :D

First off, could you post the vehicle type and engine?
Might be a good idea to put it in your signature then you don't have to keep quoting it :wink:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Assuming a Xantia, no, they're handed and LH and RH won't swap. GSF do them but only for models excluding the 2.1TD, Activa, V6 and 110HDi. These have a longer LH cable only available from factors like QH or Citroen.

Replacing the cables looks a rotten job but is actually a complete and utter doddle :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
utc271

Post by utc271 »

sorry guys, forgot to mention the model.its a 1.9td
another question, is the exhaust muffler the same as that of the petrol version 2.0 8valve?

1.9 td(>300km & still going strong)
2.0 (scrapped, tons of spares now)
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

You can find part numbers for all the Xantia exhausts at the link below. At first glance it looks like the 2.0 and 1.9D are different but you might find it still fits.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/exhausts_di ... =CITRO%CBN
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Yes the back box is the same as the 2.0 petrol version hatchbacks.
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
utc271

Post by utc271 »

thank you so much.....all done nw