non starting xantia 1.9 dt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

patchie

non starting xantia 1.9 dt

Post by patchie »

1995 diesel turbo xantia. when the key is turned to the first position the normal 2 light coime on,but when you turn it to position 2 no other lights are lit(stop,glowplug light etc). when in position three the car turns over on starter but doesn't start.heater motor works as normal. does this sound like an ignition switch problem?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It may well be Patchie or it could be a broken wire in the harness that runs between the RH inner wing, across the front crossmember and up to the engine bay fusebox. This loom is prone to damage from coolant leaks.

These diagrams should help you to diagnose the problem.

XUD9 Engine Wiring Diagram

XUD9 Engine Harnesses

XUD Engine Wiring Layout

The first link is the schematic wiring diagram, the second is a wiring diagram shown as harnesses and the thirs is a component location diagram.

The four digit codes by each component are fully listed in the Haynes BoL.

It's Harness 10AV that so often gives the problems.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
aneesh84
My Cars:

any solution to the starting problem

Post by aneesh84 »

i have the same problem on xantia 1.9 TD (1994). On turning the key no dashboard lights glow up, no glow plug light. on further turning, the engine turns but does not start. I had been having this problem once in a while over the past one year and then resolving itself in a few hours. but now again it wont start. seems like the ignition sequence is not powering and the fuel pump, and the starter coils are not receiving the signal.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'd suspect ignition switch too however check the main power and earth leads from around the battery and PDU (the 'big' fusebox in the engine bay, if fitted)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG