whats the weight of a GSA please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

whats the weight of a GSA please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, trailers are very expensive to hire at the mo around a hundred quid for two days/ a weekend, :shock: if anyone knows could you please advise the weight of a Citroen GSA please so we can decide which size trailer to hire and possibly save some pennies?

we might be able to use a flatbed trailer that has ramps on it which is a lot cheaper to hire.
It is five feet wide and fifteen feet long but like all trailers it has a loading limit.

Thank You in advance Nigel. \:D/
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

According to a Google a 1972 GS is:
Kerb weight: 880 kg 1940.06 lb

and my handbook states a 1983 GSA hatchback as:
Kerb weight: 955 kg 2105 lbs

Have fun!!

Should be all right if you're towing with a bigger vehicle such as an XM/CX.

Andrew
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

thanks for that it should be ok on a twin wheeled trailer behind my xany 1.9 TD estate. Ive got to do 500 miles round trip to buy the GSA, I think you already know whos GSA (the Blue one).

Iv'e managed to find a trailer hire company in Huntingdon who will hire out a decent trailer with winch for £69 for the weekend roughly 35 quid a day thats not to bad.

thanks again for the weight at least its not as heavy as an xantia..lol..however I am concerned that the suspension will try to lift the front trailer wheels when the trailer is unloaded, hopefuly the height is set correctly on the back of my Xany.

regards nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Bear in mind that the legal towing limit for your car is what it says in your handbook, not a percentage of the tow car's weight as many people believe. Often the towing limit is more than 100%. For the 110HDi Estate it's 1500kg, I think the TD it's around 1300kg.

If the Xantia's suspension is working properly it should sit at the same level regardless of the nose weight of the trailer (which should be less than 75kg I think, again the car's handbook will tell you)
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.