Xantia 2.0i 16v VSX ignition problem R reg

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

broyty
My Cars:

Post by broyty »

Hi Colin
Just read through your postings this info may help you there has been mention of the under rad loom this will be where your problem lies on the drivers side of the loom between the end of the rad and the inner wing if you expose the wiring there is a splice in the main feed wire where the 1 wire splits into 3 or 4 wires it corrodes at this point and fails usually on the wire that draws the most current,
The bumper needs to be removed to complete this job if you just cut this wire out and replace it from the fuse to the scuttle area then other things will not work.

hope this helps you
cheers
Mick
1995 cit xm 2.0l turbo exclusive hatch auto
1998 cit xantia 1.9 td exclusive estate auto
1966 lincoln continental 2 door 462 ci
1969 chevy impala 4 door ht sport 350 ci
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

run two 25A wires into each crimp
Hi Colin,

Sorry for the delay, I had lost track of this topic. :oops:

Yes, crimping two 25A wires together will make for 50A.
It’s the total thickness of metal in the wires that sets the current carrying capability, irrespective of the number of wires.
broyty’s latest post looks more relevant though.

Enjoy a good fiddle ! :)
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

broyty wrote: if you just cut this wire out and replace it from the fuse to the scuttle area then other things will not work.
Hi Mick
As most are now aware me and electrics are not best of friends so please bear with me here :oops:

when i bridge direct from the battery to the wire under the scuttle i get everything working except the HRW/Blower and this is run from another fuse and i assume is therefore a seperate feed.As i have bypassed the splice you talk about are you saying that because the wire in question is still connected to the splice then that is the reason why everthing else is still working and if i take the original wire out of the loop that is when i will get other things not working :? :?

I did say electrics not my strong point :lol: :lol:

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks to one and all for your advice problem has now been fixed :D :D

Found where the wire had broken more by luck than judgement :lol: :lol:
It was in the place you said Mick just as it started to run up from below the rad what a bugger of a place to get to :lol: :lol:

Decided to route a new wire from fusebox to the scuttle as per my earliest solution and everything is working except the HRW/Blower but have proved that power is getting to main connections under the scuttle for them so will need to investigate inside the car now :D :D

Colin
Xantia Jacob
My Cars: Xantia 1.8i 8v 1995

Re: Xantia 2.0i 16v VSX ignition problem R reg

Post by Xantia Jacob »

Hi
Does anyone kdow how to disconnect the big IC01 connector? Is it bolted from the inside?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Not sure why you need to disconnect it but my advice would be to leave it alone unless you really have to, they are best not to be disturbed as you can end up causing more issues than you started with. Better to bypass with a new wire if need be.
Xantia Jacob
My Cars: Xantia 1.8i 8v 1995

Post by Xantia Jacob »

There was a short circuit and many cables burnt, so when i was repairing them i was not sure for all of them and i wanted to check with multimeter from connector, because I found a pinout diagram on this page.