water mark on carpet in front footwell

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunthesheep
My Cars:

water mark on carpet in front footwell

Post by shaunthesheep »

i've found a water mark ontop of the carpet in the passanger front footwell today of my xantia 1.6l pertol, 93',
looks like i will be removing the carpets when i'm on hoilday, as have checked the sunroof drain holes, all ok, not losing any coolant so should not be the matrix, but will confirm this once have removed the carpets
has anyone got any hints on what to remove/not to remove etc, is the carpet all in one piece? etc...
dom
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Check the sealing of the scuttle panel against the bottom of the windscreen. If water gets down under there it can get into the footwells via the heater air intake.
I think the best course of action if its not sealed well is remove the panel completely, give everything a good clean using meths, and reseal it using a black silicone sealant run along the back of the panel. I bought a Hammerite one on the reccomendation of the local motor factors and its stuck it down nicely.
chrisbuckley1
My Cars:

Post by chrisbuckley1 »

Same prob on the Saxo, same answer as Blueboy
Chris
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

I 'fixed' mine with black insulating tape :)
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Does this might influence on misbehaving of air intake ventilator if this sealing is not OK (water in vent system?)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by blueboy2001</i>

Check the sealing of the scuttle panel against the bottom of the windscreen. If water gets down under there it can get into the footwells via the heater air intake.
I think the best course of action if its not sealed well is remove the panel completely, give everything a good clean using meths, and reseal it using a black silicone sealant run along the back of the panel. I bought a Hammerite one on the reccomendation of the local motor factors and its stuck it down nicely.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">