stange noise

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acelectrical

stange noise

Post by acelectrical »

i have two problems with my dispatch 2.0hdi van. the first is that there is a strange noise comming from the engine bay, it makes the van sound like an ambulance, several people have had a look and said bearing, turbo, etc, has anyone had the same problem and got to the bottom of it. My 2nd problem is that today the display disappeared on the mileometer/trip display it did this the other day and came back on, any ideas. 2nd problem now sorted, blown bulb behind milometer.
Last edited by acelectrical on 08 Mar 2009, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Nuneatonrob
My Cars:

Post by Nuneatonrob »

I had a problem with my HDi engine making a whiring sort of sound. Had a mechanic look at it, said it was the a/c compressor. It wasn't. Turned out it was the alternator making strange noises. Replaced it, and all was well.
'99 Xsara HDI SX 90
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: stange noise, mileometer display fault

Post by wheeler »

acelectrical wrote:My 2nd problem is that today the display disappeared on the mileometer/trip display it did this the other day and came back on, any ideas.
There is a little bulb behind the mileometer display, when the bulb goes you cant see the milage & it looks as if the display has gone blank. most likely a bad connection at this bulb.