98 Dispatch, intermittant indicators - hazard switch?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

greg123
My Cars:

98 Dispatch, intermittant indicators - hazard switch?

Post by greg123 »

Hi guys,

I don't have any wiring diagrams for this 1998 dispatch (like Peugeot Expert) which is a neighbors.

It came in with intermittant indicators. Found the indicator relay & replaced it.

A new relay a for 3 days it worked. Now it's intermittant again, occasionally.

BUT - if he presses the hazards, it works. I'm thinking the indicators go though the hazard switch and if that makes it work and he has a new relay, likely poor contacts in the switch.

Can anyone familiar with the wiring layout in a dispatch/had similar symptoms confirm my thoughts?

Greg.
Tdi VAG mechanic & vegoil converter
Nuneatonrob
My Cars:

Post by Nuneatonrob »

Hi greg,

I had a similar problem with a 406 I had. The indicators just started randomly indicating left for no apparent reason, and i was unable to cancel them. I could indicate right, but as soon as it cancelled it would indicate left again with the switch in the off position. The hazards would still work and operate normally in any situation.

I replaced the indicator switch stalk with a brand new unit from peugeot. I think it cost me about £40 inc VAT. It was the none multiplex version however!
'99 Xsara HDI SX 90
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I fitted a new indicator siwtch on a ZX and then found the indicators didn't work :x reconnected the Hazard switch, and away they went :oops: I reckon you are on the right track.
Richard W