Part identification please!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Part identification please!

Post by stevenlizuk »

I'm trying to identify the module that sits in the box next to the ECU on my 2.1.

The car wont start and this thing is buzzing when I power up the ignition.

Is it the glowplug controller??

Cheers
Steve
98 406 Estate LX 2.1td in white (Anyone call Ghostbusters?)

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
1981 Mini HL (Just happy to be around)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Steve,

I believe the device you speak of is the double injection relay. It's the relay that powers up the ECU and is the one ultimately (one side of it) that is energised by the immobiliser.

As far as I can recall, one side of it is supplied by power direct from the battery via a fuse and the other side is supplied with a switched ignition supply. The relays earth (and thus operate) via the ECU.

If it's buzzing, I'd be checking the ECU connector for clenliness along with the relay connections itself. I'd also be checkinmg the main ECU earth point.

I can't right now but if it'll help, I'll post up the relevant wiring diagrams this evening.

Please carry out all checks with the battery disconnected to avoid potential damage to the ECU.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info.

Managed to find it on the Pug fan club website on a wiring diagram and got a part number from there.

Will check the earth locations tonight and get the new relay in too.

Thanks again.

97 Xantia SX 2.1td (Chipped and happy at 130mph) Deceased after agricultural incident (crashed into field).
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No worries Steve,

It's also woth checking the battery voltage and other earths as a low voltage can cause that buzzing.

If you do want the pukka Xantia diagrams, give me a shout...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

Stuck the relay in last night but to no avail, the cart is still horseless.

Will need to get out in the drive tonight with the head torch on and look at all of the earth points.

Huge headwind and rain on the nine mile cycle to work this morning, joy.

Steve

stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

Found it!!

The feed from the battery to the relay module had rotted through at the starter motor where the trunking bridges from the car to the engine.

Note to self, always look for broken wires at the bits that might be subject to constant vibration and wet.
Cheers Peugeot.