C5 radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andydykes
My Cars:

Post by andydykes »

wheeler wrote:Never seen a mk1 C5 with an amplified sound system. Some mk2's have the JBL sound system with an amplifier under the drivers seat.
Nothing of note under the driver's seat.

However today started car radio switched on and displaying station. No sound, checked volume, mute switch still no sound. Checked traffic master and heard annoying women telling me to renew subscription.

Switched ignition off, restarted the car and radio working fine. Any ideas? Wonder if this maybe the problem with the original radio? Can the RD03 radio be used in another car or test bench without being plugged into the car and display to test?

I am now confussed

Just tried original radio in car and is now working fine. Just need to get my hands on a dab adapter and I will be happy
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
Picasso Diesel, Xantia Diesel, Xsara Petrol, BX1.9 GTI Petrol, BX Diesel, GSA, GS
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

Hi
Not wanting to hijack the thread but whilst on the subject of radios, I have a MK1 C5 on an 03 plate with a single shot CD, what would i have to do to fit a multi changer to it, would it need coding to the car and or radio to work or would it just plug in and work???
I have seen a few on Fleabay but dont want to get one without knowing what is involved.
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

h2ocooler wrote:Hi
Not wanting to hijack the thread but whilst on the subject of radios, I have a MK1 C5 on an 03 plate with a single shot CD, what would i have to do to fit a multi changer to it, would it need coding to the car and or radio to work or would it just plug in and work???
I have seen a few on Fleabay but dont want to get one without knowing what is involved.
Rob
Yes it needs programed into the BSI & multifunction display.