Don't you just hate Mon*eos

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Don't you just hate Mon*eos

Post by Stempy »

The div that lives across the road from me reversed his Mon*eo estate into the side of my poor little AX. So what was a pristine 30k mile car now has a big dent in the rear quarter. Needless to say, not a mark on the F@*d. Wouldn't be surprised if they wrote it off considering the worth of cars these days. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
Exhume.dk

Post by Exhume.dk »

Nooo..what a moron. Why the flip not just park in to another Mon*eo, and leave the classic's alone :evil:

Rear quarter of all places..OMG

I feel your pain
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sorry to hear about that Stempy.

It's no wonder the authorities changed the driving licence entitlement to drive vans of a certain size, when muppets like this can't manage to drive an estate with windows, and good visibility to see all around them.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a shame Stempy, not many mint AXs left now :(

I sometimes worry for the health of my Activa for the same reason. My opposite neighbour reversing her 5 series BM out seems to get awful close at times and the big worry time is when it's frosty and her windows are still a bit misty.

Still, I get on really well with them and if the worst happened I'm sure it would be swiftly resolved.

have you had a friendly chat with Mondyman about this to see if a good, neighbourly arrangement can be reached?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Appalling luck - just what you REALLY don't need in the worst part of the
car to get repaired. How bad is it - can it be panel beaten true by a pro
and done outside insurance between you and Mondumbo man?

If there was a hit list mind, Audi drivers are the worst followed by an all
inclusive moronic 4x4 drivers in their big boy Tonka toy... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Andrew
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

I though as a third party not to blame driver you can insist that the car is returned to the condition it was before the accident. Had similar thoughts when an Audi Q7 rear ended my Xantia on a round-a-bout. The repair cost more than the car was worth but no argument about it being done. Mind you my insurer increased my premium this year because of it, apparently being involed in any sort of accident fault or no fault makes you a higher risk. Heads they win, tails you loose!!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

As it happens, my next door neighbour is an insurance assessor and he reckons it's about £800 worth of damage. Don't know what the book price of a 1996 AX is, but I can imagine it's nearer £500. :cry: I don't think Mon*eo man will be wanting to shell out that kind of wedge so we'll just have to see what the insurance companies have to say.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm