Citroen C5 Electrics Questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andydykes
My Cars:

Citroen C5 Electrics Questions

Post by andydykes »

Hi all,

Two questions that you maybe able to help with.

1. The original cd/radio switches on but no sound. Displays radio station and cd track numbers. Get sound from traffic master. I have replaced the stereo but would like the original. I have seen many c5 radio's on ebay, which are quite dear but include re-coding. Can I change any circuit boards so that I could use the replacemnent without having to pay for a re-code?

2. Can I use the digital heater settings and display from an SX in a LX is all the wiring there or does it use a different loom.

Thanks

Andy
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
Picasso Diesel, Xantia Diesel, Xsara Petrol, BX1.9 GTI Petrol, BX Diesel, GSA, GS
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I'm afraid the stereo is coded to the engine, so you require a dealer or someone with the correct computer equipment to program it for you.

The whole heating system is completely different. Sorry
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
andydykes
My Cars:

Post by andydykes »

bencowell wrote:I'm afraid the stereo is coded to the engine, so you require a dealer or someone with the correct computer equipment to program it for you.

The whole heating system is completely different. Sorry
Worth a try, I thought as much. Thanks for your help
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
Picasso Diesel, Xantia Diesel, Xsara Petrol, BX1.9 GTI Petrol, BX Diesel, GSA, GS