The most beautiful car in the world.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

The most beautiful car in the world.

Post by DickieG »

13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Not that you'd be one-eyed about it, by any means? :lol:

There's a '61 ID resto project for sale here, apparently rust free and asking £230 - with parts car. :shock: You bet I'm tempted!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Richly deserved :D

Anyone who does not find the DS a work of beauty does not have a pulse, simple as that.

Chris, who saw your DS last night, was pretty captivated by her Richard :D

Over dinner this evening he asked how the suspension worked and what the green spheres were all about 8)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

addo wrote:Not that you'd be one-eyed about it, by any means? :lol:
Certainly not! :lol:
CitroJim wrote:Chris, who saw your DS last night, was pretty captivated by her Richard :D

Over dinner this evening he asked how the suspension worked and what the green spheres were all about 8)
Its a pity its so buried in my garage at the moment as he couldn't see the whole car, I'm overdue a good clearout/tidy up.

Is he a potential Citroën "Recruit"? :wink:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Not just its appearance, the mechanical design was superb and well ahead of its time, the CX retained some of it but the XM very little.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

It got me when i was 8 and i can picture it in my minds eye just as clearly now that im knocking on 36. =D>

If i was you, that would have spurred me to get the car out then and there and celebrate with a wash and wax up and a spin to show her off.... :P

If the gods are listening can i have a black pallas with a brown leather interior....also the one with the partition glass in...i have noisy kids :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

I quite agree. I got glimpse of Richard's and have to say it's stunning.

Being 21, my friends don't quite understand what I see in things like the DS but then again, I can't explain it :oops:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

It's always been one of my list of favourite cars even since I was a lad a new nothing of these things, I just loved the way it looked. I'd probably have one myself if I had the time to look after it and somewhere nice and dry to keep it. Especially a Safari model.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
bruno
My Cars:

Post by bruno »

Thanks for the post. Here they're as rare as a hen's tooth. One guy is selling a beaten 1958 one in São Paulo (3000 km South of here) for about 10000 euros.

Gosh what I'd do if I had the money...
Xantia SX mk. 1 2.0 16v petrol hidropneumatique
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

vince wrote:It got me when i was 8 and i can picture it in my minds eye just as clearly now that im knocking on 36. =D>

If i was you, that would have spurred me to get the car out then and there and celebrate with a wash and wax up and a spin to show her off.... :P

If the gods are listening can i have a black pallas with a brown leather interior....also the one with the partition glass in...i have noisy kids :lol:

you'd let the kids anywere near it

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've just been... err... persuaded by a large and forcefully spoken gentleman, to buy the '61 ID. :shock: Unless someone offers more than $500 before Friday week.

Some fun road trips and stories ought to follow! (It's presently 1500 miles away, and over Bass Strait.)

Presently having one of those glorious "What have I done?" moments! :lol:
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

addo wrote:I've just been... err... persuaded by a large and forcefully spoken gentleman, to buy the '61 ID. :shock: Unless someone offers more than $500 before Friday week.

Some fun road trips and stories ought to follow! (It's presently 1500 miles away, and over Bass Strait.)

Presently having one of those glorious "What have I done?" moments! :lol:
Nothing like a road trip.

I'm off to Liverpool to pick up a car myself this weekend, but I'm in the dog house already as I forgot this Saturday is Valentine's day. [-( [-(
ImageImage
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Some fun road trips and stories ought to follow! (It's presently 1500 miles away, and over Bass Strait.)
You mean it's in Tas then Adam :D Been there, great place... We went there to escape the heat of Darwin for a couple of weeks. A magicall place.

The ID sounds like a very worthy project for you and we'll just hope it does not turn out to be a bit of a Tassie Devil...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
tomrostron

Post by tomrostron »

just watched, wheeler dealers. they bought a ds in france and brought it back to uk. they did it up and sold it, at a good profit. dont know when the prog was made, as i cant read roman numerals. tom
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

tomrostron wrote:just watched, wheeler dealers. they bought a ds in france and brought it back to uk. they did it up and sold it, at a good profit. dont know when the prog was made, as i cant read roman numerals. tom
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=25498

It was released a couple of months back.

...and regarding Roman Numerals,

M = 1000
MM = 2000

L = 50

I = 1
II = 2
III = 3
IV = 4
V = 5
VI = 6
VII = 7
VIII = 8
IX = 9
X = 10
XI = 11
XX = 20

You see, if the smaller 'number' is before the larger number, it is minus the larger number, if it is after, its added.

Hope that helps :D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair