Xantia pinion leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

hirsty wrote:Hi Clogzz
You'll have fun with the dash bulb replacement. Did mine recently, although mine does not need the steering wheel removal. The capless bulb sits in a plastic cup which then twists into place. Either mark each light after replacement or take 'em all out at once. Nothing worse than putting it all back and one doesn't work. From memory replaced 10 bulbs on mine. If you have any that do work, replace them anyway 'cause the old ones dim with age. (bulbs that is) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Not just the bulbs - I am rapidly fading too :(
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

the old ones dim with age
Thanks Keith, :D and that shows as loss of enthusiasm to fiddle with cars. :lol:

Parts of the dash are dangling out since November, and I’m up for 21 bulbs on the Mk I.
I’ll certainly replace all bulbs, because besides going dim, the filaments become brittle and may pack up just from being disturbed.
I’ve got some 1.2 W bulbs in black plastic cups, but don’t know if they have the correct reach.
With the upper steering wheel shroud loosened, and a handy set of L-shaped Torx keys that got me this far, it looks like the steering wheel won’t have to come out.

Picture from Xantiaclub Nederland:

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

"Knipperlicht lampjes" sounds just wonderful!
I'll have mine with custard, please :D
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Just wanting to double-check that kit 4048.Q8 does also fit the Series II Xantias.

Has anyone given it a shot, or experienced things that suggest it doesn't match up?

Thanks, Adam.
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Re 1.2w panel bulbs, I bought replacements a few years back from Citroen agent, which came in their individual black plastic holders. Do I take it that the capless bulbs are available separately (is this what GSF offer)?

Thanks guys - Martin
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )