Brand new GSF parts catalogue! Eh? :-( OMG...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

vince wrote:I dont know about you but ive always prefered the early type badge on the bonnet design....its the small things as they say :wink:
Same here Vince. My '93 has the chevrons in the "right place" :wink:
andmcit wrote:..the v6 is probably in the best hands now in Jim's stewardship.
Stewardship? It's like having a new baby in the house :lol: :lol: And yes, it is keeping me awake at night :twisted: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

fatherjack2002 wrote:Hi Vince, i didn't mean Xants being rare, i meant a K plate, that must be one of the 1st 1993's ???

Paul............
My one's still going too. Just about.

It was made in May '93, which must make it one of the first in the country.

ImageImage
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

I never noticed how many Xantiae there are round here until I bought ours. But it's only people interested in their cars who notice other ones.

Spotted an obviously loved but well-travelled grey L reg 1.9Td 'sinking' saloon in a multi-storey on Sunday morning.

Before Christmas, I saw an ID or DS saloon in beautiful nick wafting down the A38 in the opposite direction.

Still plenty of old ones around.

Guy
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Just to add to the gallery of "Sinkers" here's mine in the company of my other two...

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Well guys, im back tonight from head office at GSF. I told the Citroen Product Manager about the initial concerns of items potentially being dropped from range.

It doesnt seem to be the case that anything ever gets dropped from range. Its more the case that it gets stored at Head Office and just shrinks back from advertising etc, unless it is withdrawn at the manufacturers.

Either way, there is no danger of Xantia or XM bits being withdrawn. I even managed to interest the head of purchasing on trying to source current non range Xantia and XM parts...such as Xantia top mounts.... :wink:

Fingers crossed and all that :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hey Vince, if you could source/spec a reducer bushing that allowed the use of either small or large pipes on the "sphere brackets", it might make the stock line a goer for GSF - they'd have less big ticket items to take on.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Great stuff Vince. Pleased to hear GSF haven't abandoned us - so where
are the Activa front spheres!!!!!???????
addo wrote:Hey Vince, if you could source/spec a reducer bushing that allowed the use of either small or large pipes on the "sphere brackets", it might make the stock line a goer for GSF - they'd have less big ticket items to take on.
Adam,
I may be totally wrong here but I'm sure that wouldn't work; isn't the whole
point of the hydractive set up dependent on the volume and pressure of the
LHM flow between the corner and middle spheres. A 'reducer' would play hell
with this although I see where your thinking is going over this.

Jim,
I've been dying to try 1.9 Pug rims on a Xantia - what tyres are you running
- 195 60's or 205 55's?

Andrew
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Andrew, id never noticed that they didnt stock ACTIVA front spheres....strange.

I will ask about that one on Monday...... :wink: Does anyone else sell them other than Citroen ? Also does anyone have the OE part number?
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

For some reason I have a bit of a soft spot for the sinkers!

My mother had a '94 L in maroon, a 2.0i LX that had been dieselised with a square port engine out of a BX coupled to the petrol gearbox, with the ratios all wrong and the low powered engine acceleration was painful, but the ride was superb and it handled beautifully.

Hello btw to all and sundry; I was on the andyspares forums, and am back after a gap of some years. All being well I'll be picking up a (sadly non-sink) TD Xantia tomorrow, so may be a regular visitor, now I'm back...

Jonathan.
Jonathan
1986 Mercedes Benz 190D 2.5
1979 GS 1220 Club Estate awaiting more welding
1952 David Brown 30D awaiting new liners
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Hi Vince,

according to Andyspares' GSF old sphere table listing for the Activa:
Front sphere - N45335 527162 400 volume with 45bar pressure

I tried getting some about 6 months ago and was told they weren't even
on back order.

Andrew
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Andrew - basically (say for Xantia Series II) there are two types of strut top - those for the V6 and those for the fours.

However - the four cylinder ones vary within their range by the size of inlet pipe hole. So if you make it able to "plug and play" with the large bore pipes, then you have the Hydractive owners sorted, right off the bat - there'll be no flow restrictions of the type you're concerned about.

Fit a reducer into the sphere bracket thread and it will then run with non-hydractive cars. I reckon it should be a winner. There was a period of some months where the pipes had different unions (flared, IIRC) but it was reversed pretty smartly.

Cheers, Adam.

p.s. The confidence in my responses above, comes from putting in some serious "anorak time" this week just past, analysing pipe lengths, diameters, interchanges between hydraulic systems (Std-Hydractive-Activa). I've made some interesting dicoveries about how much common ground there is.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have just spent two days trying to get a centre and rear exhaust box for a 2.1 XM. I contacted Online Automotive who do most things at a reasonable price, they listed the parts as being in stock, took my money and then rang up the next day to say they were no longer available. The next firm I tried were advertising them on ebay, ordered, paid, next day phone call - no longer available. I eventually got some at about twice the price from someone else on ebay who assured me that what I was ordering were the wrong parts - I don't think I was, but I will let you know.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Chester Exhausts do some weird and wonderful stuff.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2