C5 Estate Rear Door Lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DrMike

C5 Estate Rear Door Lock

Post by DrMike »

Please help, I'm at my wits end. 2001 2.2hdi C5 estate.
Drivers side rear door would only open from the inside, no worries I could live with that. Then my wife used the car and for whatever reason the child lock underneath the door catch was engaged. Now the door will not open at all.
I have managed to remove the door trim panel and can get my hand along to the point where the latch mechanism is located, but can't locate anything to prod, push, pull etc to release the catch !!
Anybody got any idea how to proceed ?
Would I be able to lift the door off of the catch if I took the hinge pins out ?
Can the child lock be released by some other method ?
I really don't no what to do next, so throw myself open to my more knowledgeable friends out there.

Mike.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

A friend had this same problem with his C5 so he brought it to me in desperation. I managed to get my hand inside the door and trip the mechanism to open the door, IIRC I used a mirror inside the door to work out what needed to be pushed, pulled or lifted, sorry I can't recall exactly what I did but its obviously possible. I do remember having a number of war wounds to show for my efforts though :-({|=
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Mike -

The door lock latch can not be lifted off. You will end up with a damaged door if you take the route removing the hinge pins.

A 2001 car is prone to have a dry lock mechanism so your best chance is to flood from inside the lock mechanism using any suitable spray.
This should be done repeatedly over a week or so, and then let time work for you.

In the mean time you should find a breakers door lock unit and study the function while you overhaul (clean/lube) it, ready for replacement.

Often it helps compressing the door rubber list by thumping your butt against the door (from outside) while firmly holding the door handle against the opening position.
A miracle may strike you and the latch suddenly unhooks ...
But the more lube over some time the closer to a miracle you may get ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image