Berlingo 2.00 HDI, Heater Fan on Full??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PeteH
My Cars:

Berlingo 2.00 HDI, Heater Fan on Full??

Post by PeteH »

Hi, I have read up on all topics for a heater motor that runs constantly and it appears that if the Berlingo (with aircon) is similar to the Xantia it will probably be burnt out transistors. Can anyone tell me if these are accesible from under the bonnet or do you have to work in the nearside footwell.

Any advice gratefully received as the heater fan running at full pelt all the time is giving me a center parting in what littel hair I have left.

Thanks,
Pete H
Keep it up!
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

HI Pete, if it is like the xantia it's childs play to disconnect the wiring (noting what goes where) drop the blower fan out in the passenger foot well - three or four screws from memory, then seperate the motor from the assembly (just a few rubber bungs holding it in place) and the electronic module can easily be removed for transistor replacement.
PeteH
My Cars:

Berlingo Heater Fan Running

Post by PeteH »

Thanks for that Mike, you have confirmed my thoughts, its a footwell job :)

I think I will have to take the fuse out for a while until the weather gets a bit better, will let you know how it goes.

If anyone else has any experience of the Berlingo Heater Fan removal then any hints or tips would be helpful,

Many Thanks.

PeteH
Keep it up!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pete,

I do believe the Berlingo shares a similar controller to the Xantia and if so, it'll likely be amenable to repair. If you pull the blower out and find something that looks like a curved heatsink with two almighty power transistors on it then it is.

I've edited this post it a bit to add some more information found in these two links...

Heres the first: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=25122

And here's the second: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=22348
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
PeteH
My Cars:

Berlingo Heater Motor Permantly On.

Post by PeteH »

Thanks JIm,
Those two topics you pointed me to were excellent, I have printed them both out so I can give them a good study before getting on my knees with my head in the footwell so I will have an idea of what I am looking for, there aint much room in a Berlingo footwell.
I will let you know how it goes,
regards,
PeteH
Keep it up!
PeteH
My Cars:

Heater Motor Repair

Post by PeteH »

Before I found Jim who will replace the transistors for me at cost price I went a Googling looking for more info and I found this web page:-

http://www.johnandchris.screaming.net/b ... blower.htm

Its a very clear and concise breakdown of a DIY transistor replacement with pictures etc.
Keep it up!
BernieLugg
My Cars:

Post by BernieLugg »

GSF and ECP stock a Valeo unit that swaps right over, I didnt have to wait for mine which suggests they often go FUBAR.
PeteH
My Cars:

Heater Transistors

Post by PeteH »

Can you repeat that in English please? :)

What is a Valeo unit, and who are GSG and ECP, and what is FURBAR? :?

Many Thanks,

Pete H
Keep it up!