do any of you use traffic master?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andy c5
My Cars:

do any of you use traffic master?

Post by andy c5 »

Now and again if i stall it or something like that a lady :D says to me would you like traffic master :oops: do any of you subscibe to this and how much is it and what will it do i,e tracking as well or just road reports?
thanks again andy :D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Scared me witless when I first heard it after having the car for months, thought I had been clocked speeding.

Had a bit of an investigation and it appears to be a load of complete rubbish.
It costs around £30 a year, you are then tracked on major highways and warned of any impediment is your rout (roadworks, RTAs and the like) usually just that bit too late to be any help.

A proper satnav is a far better investment (says one who should take his own advice)

You can turn off the Traffic Master announcements by pressing and holding the Tm button above the drivers cubby hole.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
andy c5
My Cars:

Post by andy c5 »

Thanks you made my mind up for me but it will not be the first time ive turned a woman off :lol: lol.found a oil leek out the turbo air cooler but got it checked and no oil in bottom pipe, few thank you lord, but got to get a cooler from g.a.t. radiators new at £85 ish is there somethink infront of the air cooler that can leek oil?It maybe old oil i will get it checked.
Thanks andy
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

oil leak

Post by Monkeyfeet »

I have had an oil leak from the intercooler, I tested it by connecting a hoover outlet to blow air through it. I then could see where it leaked from.However I can't remember anything else around the intercooler that could be leaking.
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

I find traffic master very usefull, Where I live there is a lot of motorway traffic so i get advanced info. and it is accurate with the times of the delays. Its one of those things that you either hate or love.

Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
andy c5
My Cars:

Post by andy c5 »

Turned mine off now but your right paul in some areas of the country it could be a help,and for £30 its cheap.It would pay for itself in insurence if it had some sort of tracker as well built into it.
andy
Brigsygtt
My Cars:

Post by Brigsygtt »

I stalled my girlfriends activa recently & got the old traffic master on at full belt :lol: Ill be turning that off next time im in it!
97 Xantia 1.9 td lx with a/c (Daily, 172K, FOR SALE)
98 Xantia Hdi Lx with a/c (105k)
97 Renault Extra (c1j turbo 230+hp, 12.88@106)
91 Renault 5 Gt turbo (68k minter)
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

myglaren wrote: Had a bit of an investigation and it appears to be a load of complete rubbish.
It costs around £30 a year, you are then tracked on major highways and warned of any impediment is your rout (roadworks, RTAs and the like) usually just that bit too late to be any help.
You are not tracked (well you are but that happens even if you don't subscribe).

The trafficmaster system monitors traffic conditions and traffic delays are relayed by roadside transmitters. The system has no real idea where you are.

I have driven a car which had the system and it wasn't much use. It told us the M62 was clear when we crossed over it with no intention of using it, then told us of a holdup ahead when we were already in the traffic jam.

The monitoring bit is done by the green poles on A routes. It uses number plate recognition to time passage of vehicles along a route. They say only part of the plate is stored so no vehicle can be individually identified.
Jennie
My Cars:

Post by Jennie »

Ive never subscribed to it but i wish it would keep quiet, embarassing when accidently stalling and i cant remember how many times ive tried to turn it down lol. One day i was switching the ignition off as some interesting news came on the radio, quickly put ignition back on and got "traffic master licence expired....." by the time it finished id missed it all :(
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

:D I know that one Jennie...

if you turn the ignition on a second time just after it's been on, - wait for the 'click' - she will be there... I always turn it on, off and on again quickly, to banish her :twisted:

it happened to me yesterday while driving, which is a first .. I think I stalled and started so quickly she had nowhere to hide

John