Citroen xantia II, Headlight problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Langley1

Post by Langley1 »

Drivers side headlight bulb has gone, replaced with new one ( and tested as working before fitting), new bulb wont work!, also had drivers side indicator ( little orange bulb) changed this also this not working!, have checked all blade fuses, ( numbers 12 and 13 in fuse box i think), 20's were in place and seem ok. Suspect wiring fault??, any ideas would be grateful, Richard
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hi Richard,

It may well be a problem at the stalk end. Check for appropriate voltage at the plug fittings behind the head/side light cluster - if they're found to be powered, you may have an earthing issue.

Series II had the electricals tidied up a lot. They're still not fault-free but it's more sensible in RHD layout than earlier. CitroJim may have posted already the headlight circuits for Series II.

Regards, Adam.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum :D
addo wrote: CitroJim may have posted already the headlight circuits for Series II.
I'll have a check later when I get home. If not, I'll post it up... I think the one I've published is for the MK1
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Langley1

Post by Langley1 »

Thanks for replys, australia and wales in less than an hour, blimey!!, Just whilst I m on, what is the recommended tyre for xantia II, I hve 185/65/15's on are these ok?
Richard
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Citroen xantia II, Headlight problem

Post by CitroJim »

Langley1 wrote:australia and wales in less than an hour
Wales??? Newport Pagnell is in Buckinghamshire, England :lol: :lol: Wish it was in Wales though... I'd be much nearer to my homeland rather than being trapped in the desolate wilds of central England :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Langley1

newport

Post by Langley1 »

Sorry, just noticed the pagnell bit, glasses please!!
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

The tyre size depends on the model and varient you have more than anything but they are used on some xantias the ones you posted.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

The headlights use a central earth point in the lamp plug, then splits into to seperate earth points, one for dip one for main... IF your Main is working, chances are the earth is corroded on the spade terminal, or on the spring clip that holds the H1 bulb in place for the Dip Bulb.. I ALSO had acouple were the main 5 pin plug plays up and gets a bad earth connection... Try putting yur lights on and wiggleing the plug and wires while there on... it may show something up...

Check these first, simpler and easyer then pulling yur dash apart to get at the stalk switch...

Rgds
Paul
Last edited by citroenxm on 14 Jan 2009, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Langley1

Post by Langley1 »

Great, that gives me plenty to look at!, Richard
Langley1

the answer

Post by Langley1 »

Evening/ morning fellow xantites!, light problem solved!, mainbeam problem seemed to be an earth/ fuse problem, the side repeater was very corroded and needed to be 'sandblasted' to clean the connectors,all sorted, thanks for help. Richard