Xantia Boot lid lock help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

the-fat-controller

Xantia Boot lid lock help

Post by the-fat-controller »

Hopefully somebody can help with my 2000 Xantia 2.0 HDiSX hatchback problem.

The button which is pressed to release the rear hatchback lid, now has to be pressed virtually as far as it will go, before it will - just - release the catch and open the door.

How can this be adjusted, so it only needs pressing in half way to release, like the last one ???

Also, when on bumpy roads - (OK , in England - all the time), the rear hatchback is constantly rattling with each bump. Maybe the above repair MAY help some of this, but it looks like there's too much room between the lid and the striker ???? ? Again, is there some way to adjust this/

Thanks in advance,

Lee.
avin44
My Cars:

boot lock

Post by avin44 »

I have a similar problem with my xantia, when you unlock the car you have to press the boot catch almost immediately otherwise the central locking relay ?, wrong name I think, doesn't stay in position and gradually creeps back so that the pushbutton doesn't work, I have to use the key on the bootlock or operate the central locking to locked position and then unlock it again and open the boot quickly, I looked at the servo unit, (according to the Haynes manual that is what it is called, not a relay), and it should snap from locked to unlocked or vice versa and stay there but my servo has got very sloppy and needs changing, I had a fiat tempra estate that had the same problem and that had got so bad that it operated but wouldn't move the lock at all.
The boot lid is very easy to adjust, remove the trim inside the tailgate and there are two 10mm bolts, slacken them enough to move the catch and push the catch upwards, there should be very little movement but it should be enough to take up the slack and stop the lid rattling, hope this helps you.
Regards
Colin.
up, up and away