LHM leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

duckmonkey
My Cars:

LHM leak

Post by duckmonkey »

Morning,

Xantia 2.1TD 98/R "Desire 2"

Driving home from work yesterday, 200 yards from home the big bad red STOP light comes on with the red (!) light. :(

Having had a look this morning theres a big puddle of LHM under the front of my car. Seems to be dripping fast from the front/centre sphere area (accumulator?), when the engine is running, and not when its not. There also a crystally-like deposit on the bottom of this sphere.

Is there anything I can do myself here to diagnose/fix? I'm a bit of a beginner mechanic, but I'll give anything a go...

Thanks,

Graham
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

If the Accumilator Sphere and regulator is fitted to the engine, which is possibly is, the Spheres can rattle loose and unscrew a bit leaving a LEAK Ive had this on a 1905cc TD Xantia, tightend the sphere and all was well...

Have you had an accumilator spere fitted recently? Check to see if you can rotate it by hand....

It could also be a failed pipe seal on the regualtor, reletivily cheap even from stealer...

Rgds
Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

or it could be the trickle return pipe poped out, which plugs into the short rubber pipe under the regulater, if it is this pipe once refitted its best to fit a new acumalater sphere, otherwise the pipe might/will pop out again

regards malcolm