Xantia 1.9Td estate 96. radio code problems.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

You are correct in the fact that nothing will happen until you press button 6 as until then the radio is still in the input mode :) :)

Colin
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

Blackdog wrote:....I wondered is this where you got the 7254 code from as just tried it and back to ---- again!!! but still have 4 more codes to try!!!
No I got the code from a code calculator I have.

Are you waiting until the screen on the radio is displaying "CODE" before you are entering the code?

I believe - - - - (4 dashes) is a waiting period before the screen displays CODE
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

Blackdog wrote:
Blackdog wrote:
Blackdog wrote: I meant to say Hi and thanks to COLIN for confirmation of button 6
Hi uncle Buck that website is good thats the excact unit I have and following their input instructions it looks like the radio will say something before i have to hit on button 6 because it says "if the correct code is entered and it accepts it press 6) see what Im getting at... anyway I wondered is this where you got the 7254 code from as just tried it and back to ---- again!!! but still have 4 more codes to try!!!
ok thats 3 codes down with 3 to go..that last time after entering the code I waited to see if anything would be displayed before I hit button 6 nothing so put in another code and another and finally the last one still nothing so no matter if the code is write or wrong button 6 has to be hit before finding out..would appreciate confirmation of this otherwise am begining to think the radio aint gonna accept anycode for some reason...strange cos all i did was disconnect negative terminal while working on the car....
:yeehaa!! wow ho ho!! at last one of them worked...thanks to all for yer help ...
I.9TD Green xantia estate sx 96.
1.9TD Green xantia estate sx 99.
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

what code was it that worked then?
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

uncle buck wrote:what code was it that worked then?
Hi UB the code that worked was 2893 one of six given by colin.
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

Glad you got it working....may as well bin this code gen of mine as it never seems to give the correct code :roll:

Cheers.
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Glad its all sorted Blackdog :D :D

Would love to take the credit but it was Glyn that supplied the number not me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

uncle buck wrote:Glad you got it working....may as well bin this code gen of mine as it never seems to give the correct code :roll:

Cheers.
So now that the radio is sorted I have a slight problem with the alarm system. I bought this car a few weeks ago and am working my way through all that is needed to bring her back to full life I have done loads already mainly engine and fittings. she came with 2 battery operated key fobs and there is the standard keypad immobiliser on the console.However I would like to get the locking system working off the keyfob instead of manualy locking. fuse 17 is the alarm power it bleeps briefly when I insert a fuse then the main lights start to flash irratically. so considering the fuse had been removed anyway by the previous owner I guess there could be a fault. I replaced the batterys in the keyfobs aswell and was given a plastic sort of credit card with the car which has a key on it and a number 9JL2 as I dont have the owners hanbook dont know what this means. The led light isnt on and never has been and I was reading that there is a master switch in the engine under the scuttle panel which is probably switched off. so I am keen to get it all working again any suggestions would be great
bonnyman750
My Cars:

Post by bonnyman750 »

Just a thought Admins,

Would it be a idea to list all the available code generators/calculators and/or where you can download/access them on this forum as a 'Sticky'. This would allow anyone without radio codes can get straight to them :D

Glyn
bonnyman750
My Cars:

Post by bonnyman750 »

Hi Blackdog, Glad you got 'sounds' from the jukebox.
With regards to the alarm, I assume that by the main lights you mean the headlights. If so, this is normal if the alarm has been activated and not deactivated, Put fuse 17 back in so that lights flash, then insert key in ignition, press and hold the alarm switch in the dash to the right of the steering wheel and turn the ignition on. If all is ok the lights should flash quickly then stop. Then you should be able to reprogram the key fobs by turning on the ignition with one key to position one, i.e. just the battery light on, and repeatedly pressing the other fobs buttons while pointing the fob at the little red dome above your head at the front. When reprogramming is done the central locking should work as normal. Then repeat the above for the other key (just to make sure :wink:

HTH

Glyn
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

bonnyman750 wrote:Hi Blackdog, Glad you got 'sounds' from the jukebox.
With regards to the alarm, I assume that by the main lights you mean the headlights. If so, this is normal if the alarm has been activated and not deactivated, Put fuse 17 back in so that lights flash, then insert key in ignition, press and hold the alarm switch in the dash to the right of the steering wheel and turn the ignition on. If all is ok the lights should flash quickly then stop. Then you should be able to reprogram the key fobs by turning on the ignition with one key to position one, i.e. just the battery light on, and repeatedly pressing the other fobs buttons while pointing the fob at the little red dome above your head at the front. When reprogramming is done the central locking should work as normal. Then repeat the above for the other key (just to make sure :wink: Nice one am gonna go try now............

HTH

Glyn
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

from memory the key switch is situated under the scuttle slightly infront of the air blower intake up behind the LHM resevoir.
When it left the factory it would have had a pop on/off cover on it.

I think that this switch will only turn off the audible warning and not the alarm itself.

Now you have the radio code you may find this way helpful :) :)

If you disconnect the battery :wink: put the fuse back in place then turn the ignition on as if to start the car when you reconnect battery you should hear the alarm relay click but it will reset itself to disarm mode because you have the ignition turned on :D :D

Off course you may have to re-enter the radio code :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

admiral51 wrote:from memory the key switch is situated under the scuttle slightly infront of the air blower intake up behind the LHM resevoir.
When it left the factory it would have had a pop on/off cover on it.

I think that this switch will only turn off the audible warning and not the alarm itself.

Now you have the radio code you may find this way helpful :) :)

If you disconnect the battery :wink: put the fuse back in place then turn the ignition on as if to start the car when you reconnect battery you should hear the alarm relay click but it will reset itself to disarm mode because you have the ignition turned on :D :D
ok here is what happened...turned the ignition on while pressing the alarm key on dash and yes lights(hazard) flashed really quick. then turned ignition off and on to position one while pressing other key fob buttons and pointing it at the dark wee dome on roof..so far so good....the key then did lock the doors then after continuing pressing for a while opened...i had to be patient as it wasnt working too well then it did about 5 opening and closes in a row ...then wouldnt work at all...replaced the batterys in key fob today so it wouldnt be that. I sort of expected the alarm LED light to come on on the dashboard when I locked it manually but no sign of flashing there yet!! so still have a bit of tweeking to do..not sure if the alarm is working and puzzled as to why the keyfob only works irratically...........hope to hear from ya with your take on it.....

Off course you may have to re-enter the radio code :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Blackdog wrote:I replaced the battery's in the keyfobs as well and was given a plastic sort of credit card with the car which has a key on it and a number 9JL2 as I don't have the owners handbook don't know what this means. The led light isn't on and never has been and I was reading that there is a master switch in the engine under the scuttle panel which is probably switched off. so I am keen to get it all working again any suggestions would be great
From the description of your car is sounds as if its a pre 96 Xantia which makes it a S1, if so then I think the code card you have been given is a 'Red-Herring' as they are used on S2 Xantia's to programme keys for the transponder immobilser and RF remote.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

DickieG wrote:
Blackdog wrote:I replaced the battery's in the keyfobs as well and was given a plastic sort of credit card with the car which has a key on it and a number 9JL2 as I don't have the owners handbook don't know what this means. The led light isn't on and never has been and I was reading that there is a master switch in the engine under the scuttle panel which is probably switched off. so I am keen to get it all working again any suggestions would be great
From the description of your car is sounds as if its a pre 96 Xantia which makes it a S1, if so then I think the code card you have been given is a 'Red-Herring' as they are used on S2 Xantia's to programme keys for the transponder immobilser and RF remote.
hello and thanks for the "RED HERRING" info its a 95 on a N plate so thats cool if the card dont do anything....