Xantia 1.9Td estate 96. radio code problems.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Blackdog
My Cars:

Xantia 1.9Td estate 96. radio code problems.

Post by Blackdog »

Hi I am trying to enter the code on this radio here is what has happened so far....she returns to asking for code after about 45mins of radio being left on which is good but when entering the code which i got off the net she dont like it. The radio is a blaupunkt model no BP2775S59452352 and the code I have been given is 1614. I enter station 1 for number 1 station2 press 6 times station 3 once and four four then I hit station 6 to try to save it and bang back she goes to ---- I have no owners manual with this new car and am doing all this off information I am finding on the net. have also removed negative battery lead to try and clear it. other odd thing is it will only give me one chance at at time to re-enter code before it goes---- whereas it used to be 3!! any suggestions would be soooo welcomed..thanxs in advance am sure you guys can help. oh also have tried hitting tone button to save and station up button....is there anything left!!!!...well i reckon a new code might be the answer any suggestions greatly recieved.
I.9TD Green xantia estate sx 96.
1.9TD Green xantia estate sx 99.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

It would seem that you are putting the code in correctly and by pressing button 6 afterwards is correct.
The only thing that could be wrong is the code itself

If you are pretty sure the radio is the original then your local dealer will be able to obtain the code from the VIN number of your car but they may charge a smallish fee for this
The other thing to try is put the code in backwards ie 4161 seem to remember reading somewhere that the code generated could be back to front
HTH

Colin
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

admiral51 wrote:It would seem that you are putting the code in correctly and by pressing button 6 afterwards is correct.
The only thing that could be wrong is the code itself

If you are pretty sure the radio is the original then your local dealer will be able to obtain the code from the VIN number of your car but they may charge a smallish fee for this
The other thing to try is put the code in backwards ie 4161 seem to remember reading somewhere that the code generated could be back to front
HTH

Colin
Hi and thanks for your info colin ok here is where I am now I recieved a mail from the internet company who sold me the code£2.99 and they calculate it at 5642 which I have just tried and back to---- again!! now I just wonder if no matter what code I put in it might not work because I am hitting button 6 to try and save it when maybe I should be doing something else(wish I had the owners manual) could this be valid?? and when I first started to imput codes it gave me three attempts now one chance only then having to wait 45mins with ignition and radio left on. when she is clear again I will try your method of reverse code imput and let you know how she goes failling that I am wondering if I have to do something to completely reset her so she starts giving me the normal three attempts at cde..would appreciate your comments as this is proving to be an odd one.I am confident it is the original unit as have removed it from console but am reluctant to pay the stealers for a code when I know there are lots of us with calculators..but if I end up having to go down that route and its the only way to solve it then so be...look forward to hearing from you.
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

The BP2775S59452352 number is the serial number of the radio...can you check this as I believe this should only be 14 digits long....yours is 15!

There should also be a 10 digit part number somewhere on the radio....it will look like this...

Example : 7 649 852 320

Cheers.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

uncle buck wrote:The BP2775S59452352 number is the serial number of the radio...can you check this as I believe this should only be 14 digits long....yours is 15!

There should also be a 10 digit part number somewhere on the radio....it will look like this...

Cheers.
Hello yes the number is 15 on my txt here but I have it written down as
BP2775S9452352 (14 now) then the other one is 7 642 775 394 just tried colins idea of entering code backwards no luck but thanks for the suggestions.... I think now I have tried all possibilites unless Im missing something cant believe this is causing such a problem..It has to be that the code is wrong any suggestions on the radio not accepting the save button with the right code then returning to error would be appreciated thanks in advance.
bonnyman750
My Cars:

Post by bonnyman750 »

Hi, I put your code into the two different calculators I have and they came up with the following codes for the number you have on your unit (BP 2775S9452352 )

2724 (and 0724)

2893 (0893 and 0174)

Both calculators give alternate options!

HTH

Glyn
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

Blackdog wrote:
uncle buck wrote:The BP2775S59452352 number is the serial number of the radio...can you check this as I believe this should only be 14 digits long....yours is 15!

Cheers.
Hello yes the number is 15 on my txt here but I have it written down as
BP2775S9452352 (14 now) then the other one is 7 642 775 394 just tried colins idea of entering code backwards no luck but thanks for the suggestions.... I think now I have tried all possibilites unless Im missing something cant believe this is causing such a problem..It has to be that the code is wrong any suggestions on the radio not accepting the save button with the right code then returning to error would be appreciated thanks in advance.
just to say codes I have been given so far are 1614 5642
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

bonnyman750 wrote:Hi, I put your code into the two different calculators I have and they came up with the following codes for the number you have on your unit (BP 2775S9452352 )

2724 (and 0724)

2893 (0893 and 0174)

Both calculators give alternate options!

HTH

Glyn
Hello and thanks Glyn for the codes I will try them all!! probably take a couple of hours unless I get it right first time...will let you know how .cheers....
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

If the code was correct then by pressing button 6 would turn the unit on .The only reason it will go back to code input is if the code is wrong

Colin
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

The code calculator I have gives code 7254 based on your 14 digit serial number.
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

uncle buck wrote:The code calculator I have gives code 7254 based on your 14 digit serial number.
hi and thanks uncle Buck for the conformation on button 6 (one less thing to worry about) I now have 6 codes to try including the one you have just sent...who would have thought you would need and get so many its quite hilarious!!! I will let you all know AS SOON AS she accepts one....cheers
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

Blackdog wrote:
uncle buck wrote:The code calculator I have gives code 7254 based on your 14 digit serial number.
hi and thanks uncle Buck for the conformation on button 6 (one less thing to worry about) I now have 6 codes to try including the one you have just sent...who would have thought you would need and get so many its quite hilarious!!! I will let you all know AS SOON AS she accepts one....cheers
I meant to say Hi and thanks to COLIN for confirmation of button 6
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

Just found this on the web regarding code input of your radio....

Code Entry as Follows:
Switch Radio On - Display Shows " CODE "
Press preset " 1 " repeatedly for 1st Digit
Press preset " 2 " repeatedly for 2nd Digit
Press preset " 3 " repeatedly for 3rd Digit
Press preset " 4 " repeatedly for 4th Digit
If the correct code number is now shown Press Preset " 6 " to Enter

http://ice.dndservices.co.uk/shop_show_ ... x.php#down
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

Blackdog wrote:
Blackdog wrote:
Hi uncle Buck that website is good thats the excact unit I have and following their input instructions it looks like the radio will say something before i have to hit on button 6 because it says "if the correct code is entered and it accepts it press 6) see what Im getting at... anyway I wondered is this where you got the 7254 code from as just tried it and back to ---- again!!! but still have 4 more codes to try!!!
Blackdog
My Cars:

Post by Blackdog »

Blackdog wrote:
Blackdog wrote:
Blackdog wrote: hi and thanks uncle Buck for the conformation on button 6 (one less thing to worry about) I now have 6 codes to try including the one you have just sent...who would have thought you would need and get so many its quite hilarious!!! I will let you all know AS SOON AS she accepts one....cheers
Hi uncle Buck that website is good thats the excact unit I have and following their input instructions it looks like the radio will say something before i have to hit on button 6 because it says "if the correct code is entered and it accepts it press 6) see what Im getting at... anyway I wondered is this where you got the 7254 code from as just tried it and back to ---- again!!! but still have 4 more codes to try!!!
ok thats 3 codes down with 3 to go..that last time after entering the code I waited to see if anything would be displayed before I hit button 6 nothing so put in another code and another and finally the last one still nothing so no matter if the code is write or wrong button 6 has to be hit before finding out..would appreciate confirmation of this otherwise am begining to think the radio aint gonna accept anycode for some reason...strange cos all i did was disconnect negative terminal while working on the car....