HDi or old skool diesel?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:Both my parents drive 2.0Hdi 90s, mum in her Xsara, dad in his Picasso, and frankly they're bloody awful.
What precisely is "bloody awful" about them Xac? I must confess all my experiences with the HDi have been with the 110, one in a C5 and the other in a Xantia. I've not had the pleasure of a 90 yet.
Xac wrote:Jim's 2.1 had more oomph.
:lol:

It goes like a well oiled rocket now Xac :lol: That duff needle lift sensor did it no favours at all; Worse part was it took me a YEAR to find it despite my Lexia telling me it was at best "iffy" a good 6 months ago :roll: :oops:

If your 2.1 seems a bit below par, do check the needle lift sensor. The result of their failure is rather subtle; unlike a 1.9TD where it is rather more dramatic...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

... or fit a Bosch pump :D
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

citrojim wrote:
Xac wrote:Both my parents drive 2.0Hdi 90s, mum in her Xsara, dad in his Picasso, and frankly they're bloody awful.
What precisely is "bloody awful" about them Xac? I must confess all my experiences with the HDi have been with the 110, one in a C5 and the other in a Xantia. I've not had the pleasure of a 90 yet.
Xac wrote:Jim's 2.1 had more oomph.
:lol:

It goes like a well oiled rocket now Xac :lol: That duff needle lift sensor did it no favours at all; Worse part was it took me a YEAR to find it despite my Lexia telling me it was at best "iffy" a good 6 months ago :roll: :oops:

If your 2.1 seems a bit below par, do check the needle lift sensor. The result of their failure is rather subtle; unlike a 1.9TD where it is rather more dramatic...
Will have to take Dex for a spin now then Jim :)
Although probably best without you in the car, or able to see me taking roundabouts too!

With mum and dad's, especially mum's, you put your foot down and nothing. So either you pootle away from junctions, or I found I was over-reving just to get something, anything, out of them.
Very similar to how Dex was.
Of course the picasso is just plain horrible thanks to it's lack of suspension anyway :P
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool