Autobox to Manual conversion

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I think these very rare 1.9td auto exclusives didn't have them. im sure it was the only realy way for citroen to sell all the 1.9td autos they have lol

Anyway the box info is TAG(TPAE) TP15
CP25x71-CD52x67

Found the local pug place and they dont't do that kind of work :(
But said the guy they would normally refer me to has advised that xantia gearbox's are unique to xantias :(

Needle, very big haystack comes to mind....
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Bodywork to a certain degree doesn't bother me Andrew. Been hankering after an exclusive like this for a long time but they are just that rare :(

I may end up buying it just to stick the trim into my estate instead but it would be a shame considering how much money it would save me in fuel again even if it did just last a year...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0281488583

would help somewhat if i posted a link as well i guess.

I suppose if the fluid has never been changed that could help but the slipping bit has me worried that the box is totally goosed or at leastone of its sensors for which at the very least a good seeing to with a lexia would be required...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That looks a good project Will. It's in the right colour :wink:

If it comes in at the right price... You'll miss the fact it's not an Estate though...

Yep, a Lexia session has to be a starting point. Also, it might be suffering the same woes as Xantia_V6.

I can be persuaded to make it up t'north again you know!!! Maybe when Jgra and I make our way up to Geordieland in the near future...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

The estate ones are even rarer Jim!
I think the only rarer model varient is the 2.0CT Turbo estates with leather trim :D

if it stays below £150 i'll take a gamble on it and sell the estate asap to raise funds for it and get used to biking it to work again. if anything would save me some fuel costs to work every week by £5 lol.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

PS Thank you for the kind offer again of popping up as i know its a bit of a trek up here for you :-)
KP
My Cars:

Hens Teeth

Post by KP »

Well trying to find a replacement isn't easy. and trying to find a repairer thats open is less fun untill the 5th jan it would seem...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Seems a bit ragged around the edges, that one. (Comment comes from a person who bought a somewhat "ragged around the edges" white estate!)
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Its possible but then it wouldn't run on veggie and still needs work on it and while petrol might be 88p/litre its nowhere near the few pennies a litre WVo will cost me thru filters or 50p/litre ish for new oil :)