clubxm forum down?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

AFAIK there is no post number restriction here.
email the image to me and I'll sort it for you.
minijetXM

Post by minijetXM »

myglaren wrote:AFAIK there is no post number restriction here.
email the image to me and I'll sort it for you.

Hi Steve,

Got your PM, thanks for the offer.

This is the pic I use on ClubXM (it looks bigger here, maybe the forum software auto resizes it :? ), can you copy it from here?
If not I'll email it to you like you suggested.

Thanks again,

Paul.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No news on the Club-XM problems I take it?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There you go Paul.
minijetXM

Post by minijetXM »

myglaren wrote:There you go Paul.
Wow, that was quick, you made it look easy..........

Thanks Steve.

:D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

minijetXM wrote:
myglaren wrote:There you go Paul.
Wow, that was quick, you made it look easy..........

Thanks Steve.

:D
My pleasure Paul.

It is easy, except my memory is rubbish and I have to work it out anew each time I do it. Took me an hour to do mine :oops:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I havn't heard anything Jim.

Peter.
Ciaran
My Cars:

Post by Ciaran »

To be honest given the extended delay (unless Chris just hasn't yet had the chance to look at it), I'd say that recovery prospects aren't looking too good.

Its not that slow a process to rebuild that type of table, and though there are over 30,000 posts, the Club-XM data wouldn't actually be that large.

Ciarán
Last edited by Ciaran on 12 Apr 2009, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi Ciaran

What would be involved in setting up a new site, should it become necessary?

Peter.
Ciaran
My Cars:

Post by Ciaran »

Not a lot, I have a server and domain name which could be used. I'm on the verge of doing it to be honest, due to the total lack of movement from Chris, but don't want to cause any ambuigity or a split among users.

I understand Chris has been alerted to the problem, and obviously has other commitments, as he and Norrie both kindly run it on a voluntary basis. But with every day that rolls past the site dies on its backside a little more. If indeed, the database of the existing forum is screwed, then it would likely necessitate everyone re-registering on a new forum setup anyway. If that was the case then migrating to a new site wouldn't be half as traumatic.

I'm not wishing to stir anything up or upset anyone, but here we are over a month since the forum went down, and there is no sign whatsoever of any progress. It has been kind of Chris to host the site free of charge all this time, but I honestly do think it would be in the best interests of the XM community if the site (which is now a very depended on, worldwide resource) was under the management of people who are present and involved in it on a day to day basis. Issues like this cannot be prevented from occurring, but regular backups, and admins who actually use the thing, would mean they get rectified very quickly.

As I say, I bear no one any ill will and don't want to tread on any toes, but I feel this perpetual doing nothing and sitting back hoping Chris will have the time to fix it just isn't going to help anything.

Ciarán
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ciaran wrote:Issues like this cannot be prevented from occurring, but regular backups, and admins who actually use the thing, would mean they get rectified very quickly.
That principle works well on here Ciarán as either Steve or I am always very near the forum.

In the meantime, I'd be more than happy to give you a sub-forum of your own on here if that will help. The BX Club very kindly did the same when this forum experienced severe hosting problems a few years back.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I'm with you Ciaran. As you say it's been down a long time now and much as it's a second home to a lot of us time moves on. It is a wonderful forum and the information on there is priceless but maybe things could be put in place "just in case"
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Jim that is a very kind offer.

I hope your gearbox gets well again. :D
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi Ciaran

Thanks for that, I thought you were the man to talk to, I know nothing about these new fangled digital electronics :( I'm sure we all appreciate all the work that Chris and Noz have put in on the site and Jim for giving us temporary hosting but with the lack of action I do think we might at least consider your suggestion.

How about running a poll among say the top ten contributers, I think they can still be accessed via the existing site - and anyone else who is reading this?

Peter.
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

Sounds like it might be an idea!

Might be worth someone getting in touch with Chris to see if we can use the data that we have backed up from CXM, that way we don't have to start a fresh again.

If he knows someone is willing to do this then it takes the burden off him as far as getting the problems resolved goes!

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel