ZX starter motor?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnocar
My Cars:

ZX starter motor?

Post by johnocar »

Does anyone know if it's poosible to have a starter motor refurbished etc!,And what type of company would do it,Also would a peugeot one do the job despite being off a newer model and slightly bigger??
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Auto electricians are the ones most likely to refurbish a starter motor. It's not all that uncommon for one particular starter motor to be compatible with a few various cars (makes and/or models) and the usual way to find that is normally from a price list from the starter motor manufacturers. It often has "Type XXXXX:- Suits Volvo 850..Ford Mondeo 16V >'97...Fiat .." etc
Other suggsetion is to put the word starter motor into the Pug section on the "On-line Shop" on this site & see what comes up part number wise & repeat for Citroen & Renault & see if the numbers are the same. Different (bigger) starters may fit but there are a lot of variables involved such as the mounting, space for access, size of engagement cog, length of front portion of shaft, rotation dierection etc so personally I'd be inclined to think would only be an option if you lived in a remote part of Botswana & it was the only half viable option.
I can't say for sure, but there could be a chance that Andyspares may offer an exchange system. Could pay to send an e-mail direct to your nearest branch & ask the question.
Alan S