2.1TD Aux. Belt Tensioner

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

citrojim wrote:
myglaren wrote: Wow, aren't you going to be the popular one :shock:
I can tell you Steve, I was feeling very, very :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: last evening.

Thankfully, today has been a real cracker of a day :D :D
reblck68 wrote:You're going to hang a Xantia over the bannister? :shock:
I tell you Richard, if I could, I'd keep my Activa in the house. Front door's not wide enough though...
Should be able to fix that 8)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

New tensioner fitted today and although a struggle and needing two of us, it can be done in-situ without removing the alternator, HP pump or dropping the engine off it's mountings. The challange is to get the lower spring bolt out due to very poor access and to get it and the spring back in again! A ball ended 6mm Allen key did the trick!

Huge thanks Richard (DickieG) you all your help, without your Allen keys we'd have been scuppered :D

Here's a picture of the old tensioner and the grooves on the bearing sleeve. No wonder it was more like a ratchet :D

I'll do a full write-up over the holiday describing how to replace the tensioner.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...