xantia petrol ECU information ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxman
My Cars:

xantia petrol ECU information ?

Post by bxman »

Evening All
Does anyone have any data relating to the above
particularly with respect to changing them between vehicles
the early ones up to N reg have a 2 row plug by P reg they had implemented 3 rows an identically sized plug but with a different
key to prevent interchangeability.
I suspect there was another change when the remote door locking
went from IR ..... to ..... RF
............ (SL96-1) ....... (SL96-3)
on the key fob.
Would it be correct to think that provided you had disabled the keypad function on both ECU's
or set them both to the same keypad code you could swap 2 that had the same software ?
Does anyone know if one is obliged to have a main dealer reset the unit before you can effect a substitution ?
any and all thoughts would be very much appreciated .
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

As far as I know, disconnecting the keypad with the engine running will keep the ECU unlocked forever. What I don't know is if that applies to the later RFID transponder immobilised ECUs. The keypad code is stored in the ECU so if you know the code, you can swap keypads.

Give me some more detail on the ECUs that interst you and I'll see if I can find out more about the connectors in my Xantia wiring diagrams.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Wont work with transponder systems. on the keypad systems you can leave the keypad disconected & it will stay unlocked. on the transponder systems the other half of the imobiliser is the CPH unit that controls a quite a few other things, you coldnt leave that disconected, as soon as you connect the ECU it will see that the 2 codes dont match & wont start.

You cant unlock the ECU's with dealer Lexia machines.
bxman
My Cars:

Post by bxman »

Jim
I have the sensing coil. the barrel and the key that matched up with the
later ECU the SL96-3
Could I perhaps connect the coil ( sensing ring ) through to the ECU and have the unit permanently attached with it's key installed so as to be
able try this later ECU. ?
Thanks wheeler
Forgive me, I maybe being to optimistic is the CPH unit yet another b.. computer? If so what does it look like and where do I find it?
ps.
Is there a simple way for me to be able to print out your wiring diagrams in an enlarged form. I have so far only managed to fill a 1/4 of an A4 with the entire diagram or print out the 1st quarter of the diagram in an enlarged format over an entire page . Thanks
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

When you open (view) the diagrams, there should be a menu option labelled "Printer setup". Dig your way through it's sub-options to ensure you have the correct paper size nominated. Exit the Printer Setup.

Now go to "Print Preview", also on the File menu. You'll now have an option near the screen top labelled something like "Shrink to Fit". Play with this until the Preview gives desired appearance/scaling. Now go directly to Print, off the Preview menu. This is normally in the upper left corner somewhere.

Regards, Adam.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The CPH is the body computer, it's located behind the glovebox on the xantia. The transponder aerial around the ignition barrel is wired directly to it, the CPH & ECU are matched together with a unique code, if the code in the key, CPH & ECU dont match then the car wont start. If you want to fit a 2nd hand ECU from another car you also need the CPH & at least one key.
Unless you get someone with the right sofware to unlock the ECU. It can't be done by the dealers with a Lexia machine.
bxman
My Cars:

Post by bxman »

Thank you addo
Silly me thinking " Shrink to fit Page within " meant that it would fit to the page all is now revealed now that I have cleared the tick from that particular box. I am most grateful I will no longer have to find the hand lens.

Thanks wheeler
So I have the coil, the ecu, 3 keys, 3 barrels and they are all so much junk without the CPH. At least I will know for another time.
Or does anyone out there have the required software ?

Any hope that one can utilize the earlier ECU presumably you would require a pinout of both ECU's and do a bit of mix and match wire-work.
The extra pins can only add or require features that we can live without
I suspect. no good being faint hearted !!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Here are the wiring diagrams for the two ECUs in question:

Sagem S96

And

Bosch MP5.1
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...