Headlight bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

reblack68 wrote:Our Physics teacher told us at length that they weren't batteries because they only contain one cell. It was obviously something that bothered him :lol:
Did he also say it's potential difference, not voltage? :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote: Did he also say it's potential difference, not voltage? :D
Don't go there Xac :lol: This topic is seriously in danger ambling off-topic and I'm sure if we had a moderator here right now, a comment would be made to that effect. As I'm party to this topic wandering I'll say nothing more but I'm sure a proper moderator would be making a plea now for the topic to return to the topic of Xantia lamps and how the efficiency of their forward illumination luminaires can be improved...

I will say though that on a standard Xantia, a significant potential difference will be noted between the battery of cells and the luminaire light sources in question. A potential difference might also be seen between the lamp and its earth point. A useful improvement in luminaire efficiency can often by brought about by cleaning the aforementioned earth points.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

citrojim wrote:A useful improvement in luminaire efficiency can often by brought about by cleaning the aforementioned earth points.
Or the anterior surface of the luminaires. :lol:
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

And also increasing the cross-sectional area of the conductors! :shock:

Pedantic Handyman :roll:
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

I noticed that Lidl was recently selling a 2 pack of Tesla LAMPS (made in Germany)....for £3.95...called in the other day to pick up a set.

They were available in 50% extra bright or a blue option, they had H1, H4, H7 versions.

I had a set of the 50% brighter ones in my ZX & they did seem to brighter than a standard LAMP & they lasted for a long time.....can't go wrong at that price.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I bought a set of them from LIDL a few years ago, they did seem to make quite a difference, though for a while I considered trying to find a pair of H4 headlamps that would fit in the space.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.