Hdi Turbo Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

p20

Hdi Turbo Problem

Post by p20 »

Hi, i posted this in the Peugeot forum, but seeing its an Hdi problem, i thought i'd ask in here too.

Hi, its been a while since i've been on here, because i haven't had any problems with the car :D (i'm not experienced enough to offer advice either)

However my 307 SW HDi110 has gone wrong. Whilst out driving today, it stopped accelerating whilst i was driving up a sliproad. It felt like a fuel blockage initially, but failed to clear. Even the 'italian tune up' failed to make any difference. I then realised that the turbo had stopped ](*,)

I've checked the pipes with a friend who knows about these things (a fellow forum user) and they are all in order. There is no whistling from the turbo (i can normally hear the turbo up and down) I can't see any excessive smoke and the temps seem normal :roll:

So two questions really. Is it safe to drive or will i cause further damage?
Any idea on likely repair or costs?
307SW HDi 110
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

What's showing on the dashboard display?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
p20

Post by p20 »

Hi. There's nothing on the dash. It acknowledges the intermitant abs/esp fault, but there's been nothing about engine problem. :?
The spanner logo is on, but thats because the oilservice is due in less than 500 miles. I have full rev range available too :?
307SW HDi 110
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Assuming that the wastegate is controlled in the same way as the one on my C5 then it's vacuum controlled. If so I'd suggest connecting a vacuum gauge with a T piece to the solenoid to wastegate pipe, if you don't get a reading check the other side of the solenoid. If you get a reading there then check for power to the solenoid then work from there.

Hope that helps.

Steve.
not applicable
marsalek
My Cars: Xantia X2 HDi109
C5 X7 HDi240

Post by marsalek »

Hi,
try to connect the wastegate gauge directly to the vacuum pump. Take care, not to damage your turbo. Does the turbo work now?

If yes, check the solenoid and mainly its earthing.

Karel
p20

Post by p20 »

cheers guys. Took it to the garage today. It was the wastegate. So a lot cheaper than i was expecting and all done today.

Thanks a lot guys
307SW HDi 110
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Ah Great. :wink:

Pleased to hear your car is now OK, and that it was sorted out easily, and without too much work, and therefore cheapily. :)
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.