Activa owners, Do yourself and me a Favour..........

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SLYTZD
My Cars: C4 Grand Picasso

Ram bush

Post by SLYTZD »

Hi Handyman, how are you getting on with your replacement bush making?

(Maybe another post to be moved to the Activa area for easy reference?)
Simon

'96 Xantia Activa in Silver 95,000
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Martin wrote
"I realy do belive that someone in the Citroen network put the decimal point in the wrong place when it came to the repricing of these bushes, now this is something that will never be corrected. "

i think maybe the price however ridiculas it may be is because they sell very few of them, as there cant be that many ACTIVA's running around

regards malcolm
dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Activa

Post by dieseldoggy »

For point of interest how many and types was there of them made ie numbers made did they make any estates as well? don't see many vsx's either
xantia 19td estate 96-7
Koukku
My Cars:

Re: Activa

Post by Koukku »

dieseldoggy wrote:For point of interest how many and types was there of them made ie numbers made did they make any estates as well? don't see many vsx's either
I read from a finnish forum that there were 18,242 Activas made, and 2,747 of them were equipped with the V6. No estates, no automatics. Total amount of 1,246,531 Xantias were built.
- V6 Activa / Mini R53 JCW -
Ramocc
My Cars:

Post by Ramocc »

Could anybody who has made themselves bushes give measurements/schematics I could use to try and fashion my own?
Thanks in advance.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ramocc wrote:Could anybody who has made themselves bushes give measurements/schematics I could use to try and fashion my own?
Thanks in advance.
I can give the dimensions of my homebrew bush but not right now as I'm away from home. Remind me in afew days.

I have now made several out of moly filled nylon 66 bar stock. Quite an easy lathe job but accuracy is critical to ensure the bush fits tightly into the ram eye and yoke and also that the bolt is a tight fit.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Has anyone thought to enquire with the companys offering Polybushes as to the cost of getting a batch of these bushes made up? I can see a money making exercise for someone to get a batch of say 100 made up then offer them on eBay to buyers in Europe as well as the UK.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:Has anyone thought to enquire with the companys offering Polybushes as to the cost of getting a batch of these bushes made up?
I did a couple of years ago but to be honest, I was met with total indifference so did not persue it. Seems they're only interested if the numbers are in their thousands..

However, having said that, it is possible to buy polyurethane in rod form and it can be turned if you freeze it first. That might be worth a try... It would need to be a fairly hard grade and possibly sleeved for the centre bolt.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...