Xantia suspension not behaving

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Xantia suspension not behaving

Post by red_dwarfers »

When doing Citrobics the car will:
raise up to the top from normal and low
raise to normal from low
drop from normal to low
drop from high to low
appears to do the opposite of the sinkers and sinks at the front when left overnight which can look rather bizzare :lol:

the problem is that the front won't drop from high to normal but the back will.

I've checked the height corrector linkage and its still intact and all clipped on and I have been spraying WD40/grease around the area every couple of days for the last couple of weeks to see if it could be freed up. The only thing I can think of now, is that the front HC needs refurbishing.

Also, when doing the 'sit on the bonnet test' in normal height, the car appears to rise, but it won't fall back down after a few minutes of waiting. I reckon that this is half the reason I don't think im getting the proper floating carpet feel. In the morning I rise the car up to normal to drive off but when i arrive at my destination, I can put comfortably put my fist in between the top of one of the front tyres and the wing and sometimes do a bit of wiggling about.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the H/C's give very little problems them selfs, it usualy the manual/ automatic adjusting mecanisum's wich partialy or fully seize up, it is very unlikley you will free these up with the in situe, as in normal and manual use they only move very slightly, i fixed a rear one by replaceing the craddle and reused the original H/C, allbeit after stripping and cleanning with petrol,

the craddle i bought from Martin at PLIADES for £40 squid, very quick delivery

regards malcolm
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Cheers Malcolm
When I've got a bit of time, I'll take off the HC and cradle and have a closer look to see whats what!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I had exactly this problem on my first Activa Kev. It was the HC cradle, the hydraulic part was fine.

They're fun to change on a cold, wintery day :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...