Xantia Traffic Master

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

wheeler wrote:
TBONE wrote:wellt took mine out and its GPS related
How can you tell its GPS related ? as far as i know only the newer trafficmaster systems with navigation screens recieve GPS info & they have external aerials, surely the xantia would have this to ?
Even if it is GPS related, just as with my tomtom there's no return feed for any data.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

im not sure how it actually works but I would think it would be down to registration so it has to ping to retrieve data and like a computer if you ping then your sending information but on the other side like tomtom and the like it would depend if its registered so it could be knocked out if stolen with a car it would be on a database linked with tracker at least that's what they say :wink:
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

TBONE wrote:im not sure how it actually works but I would think it would be down to registration so it has to ping to retrieve data and like a computer if you ping then your sending information but on the other side like tomtom and the like it would depend if its registered so it could be knocked out if stolen with a car it would be on a database linked with tracker at least that's what they say :wink:
You enter the "key" into the device when you subscribe, this key is used to decrypt the information recieved via RDS as you pass the transmitters.
The TM system used by Citroen on their Xantias has no return feed.
It is simply a passive system.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

only glad its out was getting sick of it talking :evil: I had a car like that the reno and it talked all the time
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

There is a return feed of sorts, it's the cameras reading your number plate:wink:

Xac wrote:
TBONE wrote:im not sure how it actually works but I would think it would be down to registration so it has to ping to retrieve data and like a computer if you ping then your sending information but on the other side like tomtom and the like it would depend if its registered so it could be knocked out if stolen with a car it would be on a database linked with tracker at least that's what they say :wink:
You enter the "key" into the device when you subscribe, this key is used to decrypt the information recieved via RDS as you pass the transmitters.
The TM system used by Citroen on their Xantias has no return feed.
It is simply a passive system.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm