C4 1.6 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paulbx
My Cars:

C4 1.6 HDi

Post by paulbx »

This is my wife's car - I have a Xantia Hdi 90 estate.

Its very quick, very economical, hard ride compared to Xantia (to be expected).
Comfortable seats and lovely looks.

Paul
Broomie(paulB) Xantia Hdi 90 estate
paulbx
My Cars:

Sorry meant to add to teh post on C4 can forum types move iT

Post by paulbx »

Sorry!
Broomie(paulB) Xantia Hdi 90 estate
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Sorry meant to add to teh post on C4 can forum types mov

Post by CitroJim »

paulbx wrote:Sorry!
For what? There is no harm in admitting the other half has a C4 Paul. Mine has a C3 :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

I agree that the C4 (in 5 door version) is a nice looking car and the passenger area seems very spacious.

Do you find the boot to be big enough ?

and,

Can you get a washing machine in the back with the seats down?

I like my mk1 C5 because it's a hatchback. It's a pitty that the new C5 saloon doesn't have a hatchback. I always go for hatchback cars because, occasionally, they are really useful for moving things like fridges, washing machines, going to the tip etc.

cheers, Kev
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

KevMayer wrote: I always go for hatchback cars because, occasionally, they are really useful for moving things like fridges, washing machines, going to the tip etc.
I have an Estate for precisely that reason Kev. Even more useful and versatile than a hatch and you can sleep in the back at a push :lol:

I really do LIKE the new C5 Estate. Very smart. When they are ten years old and going for a song, I might even replace my Xantia Estate with one....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

citrojim wrote:
KevMayer wrote: I always go for hatchback cars because, occasionally, they are really useful for moving things like fridges, washing machines, going to the tip etc.
I have an Estate for precisely that reason Kev. Even more useful and versatile than a hatch and you can sleep in the back at a push :lol:
Not even much of a push either, spent a couple of nights by the new forrest "roughing" it in the back of Cassy on a double airmattress (just don't inflate it fully, squeezing it in the boot inflates it the rest of the way :D
Just needed curtains...
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool