What is it for

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

casperdog2
My Cars:

What is it for

Post by casperdog2 »

I am trying to sort out the remote locking and alarm on my car a p reg xantia, It will not work on the remote, the doors all lock ok with the key so i am chasing the alarm system down, Ive come across a elect relay I think. It is situated on the top of the left hand wing 10 mm bolt holding it on, it has on it G CARTIA 03 730, the casing is broken and I want to know what it is so as to see if its on my alarm trail, (its not in the book)
thanks again for the help Ive recieved off the forum
when in doubt get a bigger hammer
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Off-hand I cannot think of a lone relay in that position. The only thing that looks vaugely like a relay there that comes to mind is the inertia switch; the switch to cut the engine if you are involved in an accident.

Have a look at the wires coming from the relay and see if you can see any numbers on them. They are very small but will help identify the function of the device.

It'll help enormously if we know the exact model of Xantia you have.

Any relays associated with the central locking will be in the drivers footwell, near the fusebox.

On a precise model identification, I can supply full circuit details of the Central Locking and Alarm system.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
casperdog2
My Cars:

what is it for

Post by casperdog2 »

Thanks for that Jim the car is a 1900td P reg xantia, it is a lot different from my 97 xantia lx tc what do you reqire for the correct id, for the wiring diagrams
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That should be good enough :) I'll dig out and scan the diagrams in the next half hour or so...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Here's the Alarm and Central Locking diagrams:

MK1 Alarm Circuit

MK1 Alarm Locations

MK1 Central Locking Circuit

MK1 Central Locking Locations

The first of the diagrams are the schematic circuits, the second is the physical locations of the components in each circuit diagram. The component numbers, plug designations and etc. can be identified from the comprehensive list in the back of the BoL.

The diagrams are quite big so may take a few seconds to download.

Component 6230 is the IR Receiver...

Hope that helps...
Jim

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

IIRC the alarm ECU is located underneath the N/S/F seat and the not so good news is that you have to remove the seat to gain access to it as it is tucked in behind the floor crossmember.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:IIRC the alarm ECU is located underneath the N/S/F seat and the not so good news is that you have to remove the seat to gain access to it as it is tucked in behind the floor crossmember.
Yes, indeed it is Richard :(
Jim

casperdog2
My Cars:

whats it for

Post by casperdog2 »

thanks for the diagrams jim it is just what the doctor orderd I now know what Im looking at, Im just waiting for the weekend to get on with it,
again thanks everyone we will beat the problem Im sure.