electric question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

casperdog2
My Cars:

electric question

Post by casperdog2 »

Can I put my electric mirrors onto a car with cable control mirrors. will the wiring loom be in the doors to take electric mirrors, same with spotlights etc
when in doubt get a bigger hammer
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

I did it to an older xantia but there were no plug in wires so had to wire it up then fit the switch of a car that had all window buttons, bit of a pain getting the wires through the door loom but not that hard to upgrade
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

By spotlights - do you mean the froggies - sorry, foggies?

Main harness components are present in RHD cars - you need to add the lights, any bezels, the intermediate loom between both lights, the green (or now yellow) relay to its existing socket, and fit the correct blinker stalk from GSF.

It's quick and easy to fit the blinker stalk and relay, but to get the front bits in, requires bumper off and a bit of fiddling. Series I Xantias apparently require a dedicated bumper that's different to the non-foglight type. In my case (Series II) they'd even got the dash bulb fitted and ready!

And of course you'll want to give it all a good tub while you're in there dismantling and modifying. :wink: Allow ample time for this.

Regards, Adam.