Xantia windscreen automatic wiper sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Xantia windscreen automatic wiper sensor

Post by pete_wood_uk »

Hi Chaps

Just a quickie - since I had my windscreen replaced, my supposedly rain-sensitive wipers seem to have been stuck in a slow-intermittent mode regardless of the weather. For a while I put it down to the wrong blade not properly sweeping the glass over the sensor, but having fixed that (and driven through some varying rain this morning), the wipers remain impeturbably intermittent.

I presume that the man from autoglass didn't reconnect something properly, or that the new glass was sufficiently dirty on the inside to upset the sensor (the rest of the screen certainly was grimy...).

Before I break it, does anyone know if the pretty plastic trim cover over the sensor just pings off or is there a trick to it...?

Thanks
Pete
Xantia HDi 110 Excl Estate 140k
C5 HDi 138 Estate
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

never had this toy before but if it worked before they fitted the screen then its down to them to fix it I would have thought :idea:
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

TBONE wrote:never had this toy before but if it worked before they fitted the screen then its down to them to fix it I would have thought :idea:
It was summer. If I could convince myself that it did work just before they changed the screen..... :-)
Xantia HDi 110 Excl Estate 140k
C5 HDi 138 Estate
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

you can only try and say it was working ( you don't ask you don't get ) the worst that can happen is you don't get
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Its almost certainly down to the sensor not being pressed hard against the screen, merely resting alongside it will cause the problem you describe. Take a look at the sensor from outside, the rubber pads should look very dark as if you're looking through them rather than at them.

Getting the mounting blocks to stick tightly against the screen is difficult unless you use the very thin pads sold by dealers at a price of £7.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH