Berlingo Headlamps

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

srx600

Berlingo Headlamps

Post by srx600 »

The offside headlamp on my wifes 2003 HDi Berlingo is making an odd buzzing noise. Its just like the sound of a relay going nuts, disconnecting the light from the loom stops the noise and putting the lights on full beam also stops the noise. I had a quick look around but it was getting dark and I didnt want to pull it all apart, the lights still work so I decided to leave it untill later in the week when I have more time.
Does anyone know if these lights have relays build into them, and if so can they be replaced, or am I going to have to fork out on a new unit.
The BOL doesnt give much information, and I couldnt see a relay the headlamp wiring diagram.

Cheers
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Do they have HID headlamps? I doubt it ,but some powerfull types of headlamps have a booster pack on each lamp (cant remember the real name for it) as the standard electrical feed from the lighting circuit just doesnt have enough power.

Kind of an ignition coil for a headlamp. Other than that sounds like a short?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it not the auto tillt servo if it has them is it, this is the servo that adjusts the hight when you have a load in the back of the car

regards malcolm
srx600

Post by srx600 »

Cheers for that, the bulbs are normal Halogens. The auto tilt is an idea. I'd assummed that if it had an electrical tilt mechanism it would work like the ZX with a knob inside the car.
According to Mr Haynes the bumper has to come off to get to the lights !!.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yep with the lecy tilt it will have a dial switch on the dash

regards malcolm
srx600

Post by srx600 »

Temporarily disconnecting the dial switch on the dash has stopped the noise. Not ideal but much easier than pulling the bumper off and replacing a perfectly good light. Will investigate more when I have time. Cheers for the help