The dreaded green blood....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

The dreaded green blood....

Post by vince »

Once again the Xantia is bleeding on the drive :cry:

Where i had an old leak fixed it has decided...and i dont know why yet, to start leaking again. Its a shame really because (touch wood) the car has run faultlessly really apart from this niggle....

Oh well, looks like its a morning stop off at Paris Autos in Stockport to drop it off and let them re patch it up :roll:

P.s if anyone ever is breaking a 95 VSX TD Xantia then let me know...i need some hoses off it. 4 Spares.... :wink:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Where's it bleedin' from Vince?

Reminds me of an old joke. An Essex Girl has an accident and the paramedics dash to the scene. One asks the girl: "Where you bleedin' from Love?"

"Romford" replies the girl..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

aaaah so you hang out with ESSEX girls Jim, dose ya missus know

regards malcolm
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

:lol:

Its the main hydraulic feed / return hose that goes to the front accumulator. Previously it had split in the wider end section just before the clip that connects it to the acumulator sphere. That bad bit was chopped out and a replacement end section was joined up to the good bit of the original. Now it is leaking from where it is joined.

The puzling thing is Paul at Paris Autos said that this hose never usually has any problems unless there is a problem elsewhere..He checked it all over though at the time and confirmed that all was fine..

Perhaps its just a bad jubilee clip join? Hope so anyway cos since leaving GSF its now my daily driver to and from work.

Luckily i work about a mile away from Paris Autos and its kind of on the way to work.... :) If only the work was free :P
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: The dreaded green blood....

Post by andmcit »

vince wrote:P.s if anyone ever is breaking a 95 VSX TD Xantia then let me know...i need some hoses off it. 4 Spares.... :wink:
Which hoses are you after Vince? I've had no joy finding the fat metal
cross car/centre sphere one's for over a year now myself...

sure I can buy them from Citroen, but I got all dizzy and the room started
spinning when they gave me some prices at the Stealers!

Andrew
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

it sounds like a single return line so replace with new not expensive if you don't go through Citroen
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Do you mean the big rubber low pressure ones to/from the LHM reservoir Vince?

If these are the ones, I expect they're perished and the bad bits are growing further along the pipe.

Pro-tem, they can be replaced with fairly ordinary fluid hose as long as it's LHM-proof.

Are they that expensive from Citroen?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Have a word at your local Hyphose (equivalent)dealer they do a large range of hydraulic pipes etc at much much cheaper prices then main stealers :D :D
give them the info on what you want it for and they will supply the correct pipe for your requirements :) :)

my local branch is one of the rare multichain variety that actually listens to what you need and gives good honest advice :D :D

colin
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Guys, its a dealer only hose the one i need. its not just a single hose its a like a main artery with a few pipes leading of it ar various points along its edge. I will have to take a picture and post it up.

In any even it is now fixed again...the problem was that where the garage has placed a piece of metal pipe inside the rubber join, the metal pipe had a flared end. because of the increased diameter at the end, the pipe split again at that point. This has now been ground down so the hose isnt so stretched at that point. So fingers crossed thats fixed it.

The rubber has gone hard though so its not surprising its splitting.