heated rear window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sue

heated rear window

Post by sue »

Please can anyone help me?I have a problem with my BX's heated rear window.It stopped working about a week ago,there are two connectors,one on either side of the top of the hrw,the left one is live,tested it with a 12v tester and all the elements are live,although it's still not de-misting.However,when the right hand connector is connected,all goes dead,any ideas please?Thanks
GERO
My Cars:

Post by GERO »

I suggest you have to check the protector(dont remember 1 or 2 on BX) between the saloon end the back door,meen black rubber protector, goffered one.you have to cut a little bit(DONT CUT IF CAN TAKE OUT) the rubber and check with a 12v tester following the colors of the two connectors.
GERO
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I bet this problem belongs to the "classic" R/H side rear lamp cluster cavity wiring corrosion problem.[}:)]
From inside the boot press down the steel clip, and remove the complete R/H side rear lamp assembly.
You'll probably encounter general cable/connector corrosion disaster at your first glance on the cavity behind the lamp assembly. [:(]
Patience, time, a couple of standard spade connectors & cable bits will soon clear up this mess. Unscrew the chassis connection nut, clean well for corrosion, and use CU-paste on reassembly. The multiconnectors on the lamp assembly should have an overhaul too, to ensure tight & clean mating of the contacts [^]
C U
Anders(DK)