C5 loss of Turbo Power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carebear

C5 loss of Turbo Power

Post by carebear »

Hi, can anyone help me, had my c5 for 6 months, its a hdi 2litre turbo diesel, first it was fine, now it won't pull me out of bed, it's flat, can't hear the turbo coming in, i've changed the oil, oil filter and fuel filter, disconnected the battery for an hour - nothing has made a difference. Has anybody experienced the same or have any ideas on fixing this. would be very grateful
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome to the forum

first thing to check would be all the vaccum hoses/pipes and intercooler duckting, make sure its all tight and attatched

regards malcolm
carebear

Post by carebear »

Malcolm
Checked the hoses you can see from the top looking into the engine compartment an they seem to be fine. The engine runs fine no
noise its just very slow to pick up. I used to be able to go up a hill in 5th gear now I am down to 3rd gear I feel as if the hand brakes is on. When the car gets going on the motor way it will run all day long at 70mph.
Can you show me on what hoses I should be looking at .
Regards Ken
carebear

Post by carebear »

carebear wrote:Malcolm
Checked the hoses you can see from the top looking into the engine compartment an they seem to be fine. The engine runs fine no
noise its just very slow to pick up. I used to be able to go up a hill in 5th gear now I am down to 3rd gear I feel as if the hand brakes is on. When the car gets going on the motor way it will run all day long at 70mph.
Can you show me what hoses I should be looking at .
Regards Ken
poggle
My Cars:

Post by poggle »

may be a bit late but it sounds like your in limp home mode