Picasso 2.0HDI 2000 non start after clutch change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

msmbus2000

Picasso 2.0HDI 2000 non start after clutch change

Post by msmbus2000 »

Helped a friend change a clutch on the picasso this week, after waiting on parts etc.. (new clutch fork & guide) it ran into 2 days. Now after rebuilding the car wont start.

The engine will crank over but thats all. Has it losted the key code being disconnect from the battery for so long?

Can this be resync'd using the key/ buttons or is it a trip to the local auto spark.

Also the black box beside the brown one near the ecu in the engine bay, shorted out to ground - but it wasnt starting even before this happen

Any ideas - all earth straps are in place...anyway of testing to make sure the crank sensor isnt at fault?

Thanks in advance
Martin
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Do you mean you have shorted the ECU against the battery psitive jump post next to it ? did you disconect the battery under the seat before you tried to remove the jump post ? if you have shorted it against the positive you may have blown the ECU. try putting a temporary earth wire between the ECU casing & a good clean earth poin on the body it may jus work if it has been shorted.
If you suspect the crank sensor & it may have been damaged doing the job, remove it & check the sensor/plug/wiring for damage, if it was working fine before it doubt very much it has just went faulty. Have you checked the resistance of the sensor ?
msmbus2000

Post by msmbus2000 »

No not the ECU, the black box that bolts on to the side of it beside the brown one (both held on with 2 x 10mm nuts)

Think its the sensor at fault. What resistance should be at the sensor?

Regards
Martin
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I think the back box your talking about is the glowplug relay. Is the car cranking ? do you have dash lights ? If your geting nothing then you may have blown the main fuse at the battery positive terminal, the fuse aint available seperatley & comes as part of the lead & is a very nice job to replace. :wink:
msmbus2000

Post by msmbus2000 »

Its cranking just wont start - its not the key issue as the BSI is bonging with key left in etc.. so must be the sensor
Martin
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

remove the sensor and check the tip for damage, as it is possible your freind knocked it on gear box removal/refitting

regards malcolm
msmbus2000

Post by msmbus2000 »

Fixed! it was the crank sensor at fault. The head of it had been hit during the refit.

Thanks again for all the pointers
Martin