Possible to retrofit C5 parking sensors?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Darko
Donor 2023

Possible to retrofit C5 parking sensors?

Post by Darko »

Hi,

does anyone have an idea whether it is possible to retrofit "genuine" parking sensors to a C5 III Confort (it's probably the same for the older versions) - that kind that get plugged into the main computer and NOT an ugly/annoying little box that gets connected to the reverse light.

Here's what our main Citroen dealer has come up with - they say this is the genuine Citroen part, however I just can't believe it, so I'm asking you guys:

Cheers,
Darko
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

That looks like the completely worthless/pointless/rip-off/waste-of-money/annoying reverse parking device my parents paid Citroen (or at least the dealer) to fit to their Xsara and Picasso.
I'm certain it just randomly bleeps in a high pitch and distracting way that offers no help to parking whatsoever on both their cars.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Darko
Donor 2023

Post by Darko »

I'm certain it just randomly bleeps in a high pitch and distracting way that offers no help to parking whatsoever
Exactly!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have read on another forum: Citroen Car Club - of people retro-fitting them and it doesn't seem to be a big deal - the wiring is all in place, apparently.
Just need the sensors in the bumper. Some models even have pop-outs for the sensors.

You need to try another dealer, one who actually knows what they are about.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:I have read on another forum: Citroen Car Club - of people retro-fitting them and it doesn't seem to be a big deal - the wiring is all in place, apparently.
Might a session on a Lexia be needed to tell the BSI that parking sensors are now installed Steve?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

If fitting the genuine sensors proves to be to difficult / expensive you could try one of these.... >>Click Here<<

It looks easy to fit & no holes to drill in the bumper...seems a good idea.

Cheers.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It might well be a genuine assesory & have a citroen part number but its just cheap crap made by meta, there is also a genuine citroen assesory no holes version which has been around for years & is just as bad as the drilled version.
To retro fit you would need the sensors & there is an ECU for the system aswell. I would imagine the ECU wiring will already be there but i dont think the bumper harness is. The ECU for the mk 3 is specific to the mk 3 & also whether it is a saloon or estate & wether it has front sensors aswell. It would definitely need programed in with Lexia or Proxia.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

uncle buck wrote:If fitting the genuine sensors proves to be to difficult / expensive you could try one of these.... >>Click Here<<

It looks easy to fit & no holes to drill in the bumper...seems a good idea.

Cheers.
That's basically what the dealers fit, and claim it's a genuine citroen part.

Personally, I always use one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/pcmvy
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Darko
Donor 2023

Post by Darko »

Okay, but if the price is not a problem, it IS possible to retrofit the version which is normally factory fitted (the one that also provides visual feedback on the built-in display)?

Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

As long as you have the compatible display,when you program it with lexia or proxia it will display on the screen.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

citrojim wrote:
myglaren wrote:I have read on another forum: Citroen Car Club - of people retro-fitting them and it doesn't seem to be a big deal - the wiring is all in place, apparently.
Might a session on a Lexia be needed to tell the BSI that parking sensors are now installed Steve?
I would imagine so as this applies to just about everything else but I don't recall whether those that have done the retrofit have needed to do that or not.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you are retro fitting original equipment then it deffo needs configuring with Lexia/proxia.
The accesorie ones just need wired to the reverse light feed & an earth, no programing required.