Another Xantia radio code problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

amurleopard

Post by amurleopard »

Stunned Monkey wrote:I had this problem, and it is indeed the BND button that's needed... but you need to hold it for a few seconds.
Thanks a lot, this helped! :)
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Thanks for that guys, i'd have never have found that in a million years !
Blackdog
My Cars:

Xantia 1.9Td estate 96. radio code....

Post by Blackdog »

bonnyman750 wrote:Not sure about the Mk2's but on one of my MK1 SX radio (the one with the cd input socket) you key in the code using buttons 1 to 4 (first number 3 so three presses of button 1, second number 7 so 7 presses etc) then you have to press button 6 to enter it...

HTH

Glyn
Hello I read your instructions for resetting and entering code for xantia mk1 sx which i have had for a few weeks now and am working my way through doing all I can to bring this girl back to life and she is doing well..ok here goes with the radio...firstly she resets no problem if ignition left on for 45mins..I have no owners manual so got a code online for 2.99 which i thought was ok the radio is a Blaupunkt model number BP 2775S9452352 which when I entered gave me a decode of 1614. when the radio asks for code I enter by depressing station 1 then station2 6times then 3 once and 4 four times then as you said press station 6 and she goes back to error again???? cant seem to work this one out I have tried depressing the tone botton and disconnecting negative lead. so any suggestions would be soooo welcome. I'll get there with a little help thanxs inadvance. Blackdog.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

It would seem that you are putting the code in correctly and by pressing button 6 afterwards is correct.
The only thing that could be wrong is the code itself :( :(

If you are pretty sure the radio is the original then your local dealer will be able to obtain the code from the VIN number of your car but they may charge a smallish fee for this
The other thing to try is put the code in backwards ie 4161 seem to remember reading somewhere that the code generated could be back to front
HTH

Colin