Synergie 1.9td rattle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Synergie 1.9td rattle

Post by thatfatbloke »

Have had a horrible rattle coming from the fan belt area for a while now. Had the cambelt and tensioners and water pump replaced a year ago. The noise started about six months after this. Was diagnosed as the fan belt tensioner packing up. £200 later and the damn rattle is still there. The garage originally quoted £100 to fix but without phoning me to check also replaced some springs or another at the same time as the tensioner which doubled the price - but that's another story. The garage have changed their mind about the fan belt tensioner and are now saying something about an idler packing up. The rattle goes away as you accelerate but returns as you idle. It's a sort of metallic rattle and is starting to upset the neighbours as I leave for work at 4.30 am!!. What little hair I have left is starting to fall out now - please help. Thanks.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

were abouts in EAST SUSSEX are you as im in ST LEONARDS ON SEA, and run my own repair shop, also which garage did you use for the work so far

regards malcolm

ps.

i see your in Eastbourne,

if you would like me to have a look/listen, drop me a pm with you contact details, and i will cotact you on monday
thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Post by thatfatbloke »

PM sent - thanks.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.