C5 vibration when braking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bencowell

C5 vibration when braking

Post by bencowell »

My C5 has had a fair bit of work recently with new front discs and pads, spheres, droplinks and new tyres all in the same month.

It is great, apart from braking on slight corners at speeds of 40-55mph, when I get a judder through the steering wheel.

Passengers don't feel any vibration.

The tracking was checked at the time of fitting the tyres (last thing to be changed) and was found to be within tolerance.

Any ideas?

Ben
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Try swapping the front and rear wheels over, see if it goes away.
chelseaalan

Wobbly wheels

Post by chelseaalan »

Do you have centre caps?

I hadthis problem with my xsara sx after fitting new tyres and after two attempt at balancing I took it to Citroen and it was corrected.

The problem is without the correct machine tyre fitters try and balance using an adapter with four studs and unless this is set up 100% it will be balanced incorrectly as I found out.

Hope this helps.

Alan
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

The problem is without the correct machine tyre fitters try and balance using an adapter with four studs and unless this is set up 100% it will be balanced incorrectly as I found out.
Thats true i took my c5 estate to Kwikfit to get two new front tyres balanced.I never thought to take it on the motorway to test it.A week later i set off to france got to 65 mph and had a bad wheel wobble i was livid had to spend two weeks in france and coming back below 65mph,When i got back they had another go and did make an improvement but still a slight wobble.