Xantia hydractive mode switch wiring query

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave V6
My Cars:

Xantia hydractive mode switch wiring query

Post by Dave V6 »

Hello All,

first post here, hopefully someone can help me. I got myself a hydractive xantia mkii (T reg) last year, which had a couple of electrical niggles which I have mostly managed to sort out.

However, one thing which I am not sure about is the hydractive mode switch on the dash. Most of the switches multipin wiring looms are colour coded so that the switch with the green back on it connects to the green multipin on the wiring loom, red to red, etc...They are also 'keyed' so that a red switch won't fit the green loom connector and so forth.

The hydractive mode switch and the ultrasonic alarm sensor defeat (for leaving pets locked in the car etc) both have a blue backing and both the multipins to the wiring loom are also blue. however, one has 3 wires going to it and the other has many more; I think 6 or so.

Can anyone tell me which loom connector is for which switch, please? I currently have the 6 wires going to the hydractive mode switch, but am looking for confirmation that this is correct. When I got the car one of the blue loom connectors was unplugged, and I only found this while changing instrument panel lights.

Many Thanks and Kindest Regards,

Dave C.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Shoot me down, but I thought that the hydroactive switch was always just in front of the height adjuster... Maybe I haven't seen enough Mk2 hydroactives?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Hi, unfortunately I'm unable to help directly here, but just to say that
NO, on the S2 Hydractive there IS a switch just along from the hazard
warning and aircon switches. Does the orange light illuminate when it's
switched in on the hydractive?

I'm surprised the alarm sensor has enough spare length on it's connection
to still get mixed with the hydractive mind though fortunately I've not had
it all apart yet!

Andrew
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I'm pretty sure the ultrasonic deactivation switch only has 3 wires.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'd tend to agree with that - noted exactly the same recently - two blue plugs. The other giveaway is how many pins on the push switch look like they've been in receiving terminals (check for scuffing).

Wires are sporadically numbered (4 digit code) along their length by application, so if you have the factory service diagrams you can usually ID one or more in the bundle and correlate it.

Regards, Adam.
MJM
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by MJM »

On my "T" reg mark 2 the Hydractive and alarm switches are next to each other on the r/h side of the steering wheel. It is possible for the looms to reach either switch. If you get no definitive info, post back and I'll pop one of the switches out and have a look for you.
MJM
1999 Dante red Xantia Exclusive 2,0 petrol. No smelly diesel for me. Now re-homed
2007 Wicked Red C5 Exclusive. Now a smelly diesel automatic for me.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

On the Hydractive Xantias they are common for problems with it sticking in firm mode. That said, perhaps the one that way unplugged was the suspension one in an attempt to switch it off?

If in doubt, speak to Citroen, They will tell you which is which :wink: