Thank You andmcit & citroenjim

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colintatt
My Cars:

Thank You andmcit & citroenjim

Post by colintatt »

hi,due to the write up i replaced my strut top n/s mounting today! i used both your methods (left ram fitted to car, disconneted link for anti roll bar to allow removal of holed :shock: mounting)i used to be a hgv mechanic but i suffered a stroke 2yrs ago,so i was delighted to find it so easy (one handed right arm and leg useless since stroke) . handbrake cables fitted recently by myself (easier than it looks in the BOL) thankyou for having a good citroen site. :P colintatt
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Colin, that's brilliant :D I'm always delighted when this little forum is found to be of help!

And well done on swapping strut tops despite your disability!

Handbrake cables are funny. One of those jobs that look fiendishly difficult but turn out to be a doddle. So many other jobs are just the opposite :twisted: They look easy but...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Pleased its been on some help to you Colin!

I wonder...

Some brave soul could really do a YouTube of the usual awkward jobs on the current popular choice, the good old Xantia, such as heater matrix, clutch swap or strut top etc...!! :D

Sponsored by GSF!!?????? ;)
Er, No! Don't look at me, I'm camera shy... :lol:

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote: I wonder...

Some brave soul could really do a YouTube of the usual awkward jobs on the current popular choice, the good old Xantia, such as heater matrix, clutch swap or strut top etc...!! :D
It's a great idea Andrew :D We'd need a person just to operate the camera and then...

We'd need a good editor with a healthy supply of bleeps to remove the bad words uttered during the job. A heater matrix film would have a soundtrack consisting of 75% bleeps... I can hear it now :lol:

Perhaps taking a silent film and adding a voice commentary later might be better :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Well, you guys do my heater matrix, and I'll film and edit it :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:Well, you guys do my heater matrix, and I'll film and edit it :D
Don't ring us, we'll ring you :lol: :lol:

Umm. A matrix is a ten hour job. Can a Utube video be that long? Although I guess the major aspects of the job could be condensed to around an hour of video. Might be better to offer them on DVD as a service to members rather than put them on Utube?
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Well... I have just moved from Sky broadband to O2 broadband and gone from 800Kbps upstream to 1.2Mbps!!!
Could stream it from home, you know you want to change my matrix, go on ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Nice try though! :lol:

Sure, you can have whole programmes on YouTube.
I've seen a whole load of conspiracy theory stuff for 9/11! :roll:

Or how about this 9 minute Cit vid?

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on 09 Sep 2008, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
deian

Post by deian »

You bunch of geeks! :wink:

Great idea though. I bet no other forum thought of that idea (credit to Andrew of course). I bet the idea could catch on really well and would soon be copied.

As with all help on the forum, a picture is worth a thousand words along side detailed text, but a video would be worth a book (silly saying by me).
colintatt
My Cars:

Post by colintatt »

Apologies for getting your name wrong citrojim :oops: By the way my car is a 95 1.9d automatic Image this is what i removed :shock: at least i can use car now :D colin
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

citrojim wrote:
Don't ring us, we'll ring you :lol: :lol:

Umm. A matrix is a ten hour job. Can a Utube video be that long? Although I guess the major aspects of the job could be condensed to around an hour of video. Might be better to offer them on DVD as a service to members rather than put them on Utube?

what age ratting would it have to be though, XXX???
regards malcolm
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

:lol: :lol:

Bit of a niche market really - topless Citroen struts!?

Actually Colin, that looks particularly bad and worryingly a different failure mode to others I've seen.

Andrew
colintatt
My Cars:

Post by colintatt »

Signs of corrosion around the dome,the missing section fell off on removal. I want one for o/s now :( for peace of mind.I was lucky to find unused part on ebay for 25quid inc postage! :P
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I've only had the offsides fail on an Xm and Xantia so its something to
check for carefully though having said that other cars appear to have
the other or indeed both sides fail, sometimes simultaneously!

Was the top from M&M's in Huddersfield or one I managed to miss!?

Andrew
colintatt
My Cars:

Post by colintatt »

m&m motor engineers originally supplied strut top bought of ebay still boxed , seller was in doncaster. Rides a lot better now :D