Xantia rear seats mk1 & mk2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Xantia rear seats mk1 & mk2

Post by Quackers »

My Activa has had slightly ripped rear seats since i bought it, and its a phase 2, V reg.

There is a N reg going for scrap parts on ebay, can somebody confirm the seats will be identical in there fittings a sizes before i buy them?

Also are they a simple swap?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes you can easily swap rear seats from a MK1 to a MK2. You must however obtain the inertia reel lap belt (a static lap belt is in the MK2) and the two lower seatbelts as these are shorter in the MK1 as they live in cutouts in the seat bases rather than clipping onto stowage clips in the MK2 when not in use.

The seats themselves are easy to swap. the bases are held on by four nuts each and the backs similarly although keeping them lined up to get the bolts in is really a two-handed job. The two backs have joining pins on the hinges and it is important to put one in first before the other. I think the longer of the two goes in first but it may be the other way around.

Note that Estate rear seats are very different to hatchback rear seats and are not a direct swap although it can be done.

The above is based on experience of swapping MK2 seats into a MK1.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...