petrol ECU sensors help needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxman
My Cars:

Post by bxman »

Update. things initially improved but the
problem came back and persisted until last week when I ran out of LPG and was forced to run on Petrol for 7 or 8 miles .
I think that the ECU managed to then set up the correct values again and things are now back to normal. A drivable car again thank goodness.
It had been fine once it got warm enough to switch to LPG but the initial part of the journey was a bit of a nightmare keeping the engine running it would stall and you would have to pump the accelerator to keep it running or maintain revs above 2500 not ideal with a cold engine. just hope others can benefit from my experience and that I am not risking a return of the problem but claiming to have a cure at last.!
Probably unrelated but on 3 occasions the engine has insisted on ticking over at 2000rpm (not a sticking throttle, when bonnet was opened the cable had sufficient slack)

Incidentally anyone know what happens if you disconnect the Lambda ?

PICO's informative article hints at a life span that might be as low as 50,000 miles .
Also does an member have experience of swapping the ECU for a used replacement ?
Thanks in anticipation.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

bxman wrote: Incidentally anyone know what happens if you disconnect the Lambda ?

PICO's informative article hints at a life span that might be as low as 50,000 miles
Disconnecting it should at least log a fault within the ECU, might bring up the engine management light and possibly put the ECU into "safe mode", lowering engine power. Either way, there will be no fine control of the Air Fuel Ratio and that's not good for either the oxygen sensor or the cataltyic convertor.